04-18-09 02:25 PM
685 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Lets keep this thread on topic. Quit the flaming.
    04-15-09 09:27 AM
    By your own admission "I was under the impression my device had GPS capabilities. everything you are complaining about is YOUR own fault.

At NO time has VZW ever said: GPS enabled, GPS this, GPS that.

You know what happens when you assume?

You make and *** out of U and ME

VZW is NOT responsible for your mistakes, assumptions, or WANTS.
    Actually, this is not true, at least in my case. I specifically asked in the store TWICE if the Blackberry plan would provide ALL the services I needed without additional needs for subscriptions, etc. I specifically asked if I could use the GPS without VZNavigator. They told me yes. I said to them "So nothing I do with the apps that are already on this phone are going to cost me extra over and above the cost of my voice & BB plans?" They responded yes.
    Assuming at that point that I had free text messaging, just assuming "text" was considered DATA, I sent a few of them, as well as IM'ed on AOL's AIM. Only after reading a post here, that texts are NOT included, did I learn otherwise.
    This is not the only problems I've had with store personnel or the reps on the phone. I hope it gets better from here on out, but I'm kicking myself for not returning all the phones a year ago, before the 30 day test drive was up. Now, we've just committed to 2 more years. The stellar service is worth it. As I stated in another post, we've been with other companies, with service coverage ranging from very poor (the company that eventually became TMobile, can't remember their name now) to "pretty good" being Alltel. Verizon is by far the best wireless coverage we've ever had. My hubby drove from Florida to New Mexico, MILES AND MILES of nothing and never lost signal. Maybe that's why we stay??
    So while Verizon may never ADVERTISE the features and their cost or lack thereof, the store personnel have definitely misinformed us on numerous occasions, as well as contradicted what we were told by OTHER reps.

OH and let me add, we NEVER go to "authorized retailers", even if it's a "VERIZON" store. We make sure it's a Verizon premium store, capable of handling everything.
    Last edited by penniejo333; 04-15-09 at 09:39 AM.
    04-15-09 09:32 AM
    The government should ask for the profits from VZW afterall they (we the taxpayer) paid for it, or maybe the government should lock it all down again and make us pay for it through them. But that's just my thoughts on the whole thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Let's not get crazy here ROFL!!
    We CERTAINLY don't want the government anymore involved in things than they already are!! We'll just all continue to moan, groan and debate it on here. LOL
    04-15-09 09:45 AM
    So while Verizon may never ADVERTISE the features and their cost or lack thereof, the store personnel have definitely misinformed us on numerous occasions, as well as contradicted what we were told by OTHER reps.
    I will vouch for this - I've gotten bad info from VZW reps on numerous occasions. Then again, I've also been given bad info by many carrier - and car dealers and mortgage brokers and...

Before I make any purchase or agreement longer or more expensive than lunch, I research, then read - I don't listen much to the folks there who are trying to feed their families (and several others, thanks to our government) unless what they say can be backed up in writing.

In the end, it matters little what a sales person says - it is what is in writing that counts.

And, I don't believe VZW Premium outlets are corp stores.

04-15-09 11:11 AM
    TwinsX2Dad - you really seemed obsessed with anyone that challenges that VZ didn't do the right thing. Someone posts that VZ never told them it would work, followed up by someone else posting they had a bad experience with that happening, and then you seem to spin it and say it is ok because others also don't tell the truth. It is OK to let someone post without having to respond, even if it disproves something you posted.

As for me, I dislike not having full GPS capabilites on a device I bought which provides such capabilities. It isn't a big enough factor for me to switch providers but I see nothing wrong with disliking what Verizon does and posting about it, as it seems others do as well. I don't think anyone is forcing you to read the thread, so if all you're going to do is continue to post that it's the individuals own fault and switch providers, I'm not sure what value there is in that.
    04-15-09 12:03 PM
    TwinsX2Dad - you really seemed obsessed with anyone that challenges that VZ didn't do the right thing. Someone posts that VZ never told them it would work, followed up by someone else posting they had a bad experience with that happening, and then you seem to spin it and say it is ok because others also don't tell the truth. It is OK to let someone post without having to respond, even if it disproves something you posted..
    No - just trying to show that the constant & repetitive whines are still the same, the reasons are still the same and the arguments are the same and the odds of any of it changing anything are slim & none.

Go back through and read the entire thread - each of your points & sentiments have been voices many times. Since you choose to only regurgitate what has been written before, some of us will point out the errors again and again. The difference is, many of us have reasd the thread before. Maybe we should just cut & paste or would you like to demonstrate you too can read past posts?

By the way - your techniques of trying to discredit me or my points smack of Alinskiisms; specifically rules 5, 8, 10, 11 & definitely 12. If you don't know what I am talking about, look online for Alinski's Rules. Even do a Google for this info. This says a lot, as I despise Google, but Google loves Alinski.

04-15-09 01:23 PM
    Fact of the matter is its an ADVERTISED device function. We paid for the device and should be able to use it's on board functions. GPS is something that there really is no need to charge for outisde of the VZ navigation program. Its more along the lines of a problem verizon has of trying to monpolise and restrict phone functions outside of their control. I really don't get why soo many people have a problem with others wanting to use functions they paid for for free.. If you don't agree with them don't respond simple as that. I think we all get your thoughts on it and honestly do not care

Advertised feature when you use VZ Nav for 9.99 a month, not just uses any old GPS for FREE God some of you ppl are ********
    04-15-09 04:19 PM
    Ah, the old scare tactic. I guess it is ok though if we add a bluetooth GPS and do everything we could have done with the crippled one in the unit we purchased?

If it so worried you, leave the GPS on the 911 Only setting and let those of us that are wild and crazy use the device as we see fit.

For someone that seems **** bent against others controlling them and knowing their personal info, you seem pretty adamant that it's fine (in fact noble) for Verizon to control what we can/can't do.

an older post but I agree cold heartedly!

I think die hard republicans like twins just support whatever supports their own personal interest ... Which frankly is why they contradict themselves so much!
    04-16-09 08:44 AM
    an older post but I agree cold heartedly!

I think die hard republicans like twins just support whatever supports their own personal interest ... Which frankly is why they contradict themselves so much!
    Imagine that, you start posting again and this useless thread appears along with you.
    04-16-09 09:27 AM
    see ur way out or you just become part of the problem!

But somehow I take it u like it here! Otherwise u would not be posting! What do u think?
    04-16-09 09:32 AM
    I think die hard republicans like twins just support whatever supports their own personal interest ...
    You ever call me a Republican again, I will come over there, thump you with my Bible, shoot you with my gun, then turn my family loose on you!

Interesting how you or some of your friends don't seem to want to deal in facts or logic; instead, relying on the talking points of the Internet fan sites. Then to top it off, you then pick your target (me), freeze it, personalize it (with accusations) & polarize it. Your main job is obviously baiting your opponent into reacting to all of this, then attempt to use the reaction against him. Then you work to keep the pressure on.

You play off of ridicule, as you know it is your only weapon, since you are unable to debate facts. You know it is summarily difficult to counterattack ridicule. It infuriates your opposition & you expect them to react, which gives you an advantage. You then attempt to make your opposition live up to their own rules, insisting on the perfection you cannot display, then attempt to exploit any failings.

Stick to the facts, my radical friend, and more people will listen to you. You've presented precious few facts, sticking with rhetoric, talking points & general whining.

Before you delve into assuming someone's political associations, you need to know there is no Democrat/Republican divide worth noting. No right or left. There is only up or down. I am a Constitution-loving American patriot. As such, I know there is only up or down. Your radical, welfare-demanding ways are down and you will not take me down with you.

You sir, are far too transparent and it is apparent your character needs building. Get some cojones and stop crying that you don't have welfare GPS on your phone.

People like you are the problem. Take your own advice & find the door.

04-16-09 10:55 AM
    You ever call me a Republican again, I will come over there, thump you with my Bible, shoot you with my gun, then turn my family loose on you!

Interesting how you or some of your friends don't seem to want to deal in facts or logic; instead, relying on the talking points of the Internet fan sites. Then to top it off, you then pick your target (me), freeze it, personalize it (with accusations) & polarize it. Your main job is obviously baiting your opponent into reacting to all of this, then attempt to use the reaction against him. Then you work to keep the pressure on.

You play off of ridicule, as you know it is your only weapon, since you are unable to debate facts. You know it is summarily difficult to counterattack ridicule. It infuriates your opposition & you expect them to react, which gives you an advantage. You then attempt to make your opposition live up to their own rules, insisting on the perfection you cannot display, then attempt to exploit any failings.

Stick to the facts, my radical friend, and more people will listen to you. You've presented precious few facts, sticking with rhetoric, talking points & general whining.

Before you delve into assuming someone's political associations, you need to know there is no Democrat/Republican divide worth noting. No right or left. There is only up or down. I am a Constitution-loving American patriot. As such, I know there is only up or down. Your radical, welfare-demanding ways are down and you will not take me down with you.

You sir, are far too transparent and it is apparent your character needs building. Get some cojones and stop crying that you don't have welfare GPS on your phone.

People like you are the problem. Take your own advice & find the door.

lol radical welfare demanding ways... then you preech your own version of what your accusing me of doing and its called what? A thoughtful opinion? Trust me, you don't walk the same line you preech, yet you try to complicate something very simple with a very simple premise (reasoning for this thread in the first place.) And you speak of my evidence, my character, my personal transparency, my dependancy personality (or welfare mentality if you will) and the list goes on. All this from an honest debate about locked GPS. A topic that bloggers, cb kings and queens, and regular joes and like you and me all debate about and are mixed in opinion. Both views about GPS are neither ractical or extreme. Yet, you present it as if mine is. And those personal opinions of me, That's a lot to gather from just these silly phone discussions alone (especialy when there's only one person on here using radical terms like King Obama), and your the one calling my statements redoric?

The problem my friend is that you're living in a world of absolutes. You believe that when you hold an opnion, its must go uncontented/unchallenged, and when it does not, you insult and bagger the opinionator (sound like a Bushism to you? I'd take King Hussein any day over that) and attack him on a level thats far off from the debate that is even being discussed in order to wash it down and forget that there were actually valid points against your view.

So follow your own advice and critisizms as you have contradicted yourself many many times. I don't want to get into any more of a personal debate, political one, or a psycho analisysm (another bushism for ya ) with you as this thread is about one simple topic. Don't complicate the uncomplicated
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-16-09 at 11:40 AM.
    04-16-09 11:36 AM
    There he goes - again twisting & turning & proving my point.

04-16-09 11:58 AM
    There he goes - again twisting & turning & proving my point.

twins, if u keep it simple and on topic, it won't be a long philosophical debate. As soon as your politics creeps in (welfare mentality just to name one), you set up a presidence for a debate that is much larger than locked GPS. And you don't need to be an up or down, left or right, or republican or democrat to have an opinion on either side of GPS. Believe me, I know your political views as well as many of your philosphical views very VERY well. And in another forum, I'm sure we can argue till we're blue in the face.... but for the purpose of mobile devices, there's really no need!

And get used to King Obama... he'll be around for a while! The ppl have spoken! Despite you not agreeing
    04-16-09 12:09 PM
    I've been a Verizon customer since 2006, Cingular before that since 2001. My contract ended a few months ago and I had to decide which phone to get and from which Carrier.

I did extensive research (thanks Crackberry!) and knew going in that the GPS was locked out except for BB Maps and VZNav. After weighing all the pros and cons from each option, I decided to go with the 8330 from Verizon because I get a good corp. discount rate with them, the 8330 was a solid phone, it was free with 2 year contract, and the solid network. The downside was the GPS thing which I would definitely use with golf/travel applications. I have a bluetooth GPS receiver that will be sufficient until hopefully VZW unlocks the GPS on the phone. If that never happens no big deal.
    04-16-09 12:28 PM
    I will vouch for this - I've gotten bad info from VZW reps on numerous occasions. Then again, I've also been given bad info by many carrier - and car dealers and mortgage brokers and...

Before I make any purchase or agreement longer or more expensive than lunch, I research, then read - I don't listen much to the folks there who are trying to feed their families (and several others, thanks to our government) unless what they say can be backed up in writing.

In the end, it matters little what a sales person says - it is what is in writing that counts.

And, I don't believe VZW Premium outlets are corp stores.

Sorry, I guess I used incorrect terminology. Corporate stores are the only ones we go to. The ones who can do it all...not authorized retailers, or outlets, etc.
    I respectfully disagree about the part in your post that reads "it matters little what a sales person says - it is what is in writing that counts". Every single thing is not spelled out in writing, at least what I've seen. I've been all over VZW's website and they don't plainly explain everything on there. Pretty much what you find in the store is what you find online. The Verizon Sales Representatives on the phone and in the store are hired by the company not only to make sales, but to answer questions, give info, etc. If they give false info and we don't know it, then it shouldn't be blamed on the customer for not doing the proper research. I too, research everything, both by the internet, forums, blogs, friends, magazines, and other resources. When I'm given an answer ESPECIALLY by the company (e.g. VZW) I expect it to be accurate info. Not whatever they feel like telling me, or not some BS made up answer if they don't know. I also don't continue looking for some other answer after that to contradict the one I was given.

THAT is when EXCEPTIONAL customer service and Worry Free Guarantees come into play. Something VZW just doesn't deliver in my opinion. Again, respectfully so!
    Last edited by penniejo333; 04-16-09 at 12:41 PM.
    04-16-09 12:31 PM
    I think he meant that generally, thats the practice of any type of business, as what an individual rep or agent says can never truly be verified and honored unless its in writing. I think I learned that growing up. But I definitely agree with you on your standards for CS.

Generally though, best way to protect yourself... if its not in writing, it can always be PUT in writing! Whatever you hear or whatever you're offered, have it noted on your account and it will be hard to rebut. This has saved me on many occasions with many companies, even the military, lol. Once managers see this with their own eyes ............... things happen (within reason of course).
    04-16-09 12:46 PM
    I think he meant that generally, thats the practice of any type of business, as what an individual rep or agent says can never truly be verified and honored unless its in writing. I think I learned that growing up. But I definitely agree with you on your standards for CS.
    Hey! You DO actually read what I write!

The rest of what you said in your last post I agree with (yes, you can pick yourself up off the floor now). In an ideal world, all employees are perfectly trained and will answer with 100% accuracy. We would also see everyone stay true to their word. But, we don't live in a perfect world. Reduced staff, unexpected traffic increases, employees singning off on training they didn't comprehend, sales goals and plain old laziness, deceit, etc. can lead to imperfect, incomplete and otherwise less than accurate information.

This is why we need it in writing - without it in writing, you cannot prove what was said.

And I respectfully disagree with the assertion that not all of the terms are published. I have never once come across an issue that wasn't outlined in the printed/published materials.

Rican, I also disagree with your assessment of what I was trying to say, with regards to "welfare GPS" and a "welfare mentality." That type of wording is often used to refer to someone wanting anything outside of an agreement. I have right-wing friends who also have wished for the GPS to work on their VZW devices and I've accused them of having a welfare mentality for wanting welfare GPS.

Also, if you've not been keeping up with the news - and I am not talking about the stuff the NYTimes & MSNBC want you to believe - you might know that new evidence has surfaced regarding King Hussein's eligibility & Justices Roberts & Scalia have independently agreed to investigate. And, speaking of MSNBC, did you see their poll of 1.8 million people that gave the guy an F grade?

We might not have to wait until 2012 to see him gone, although I am unsure Biden would be any better.

04-16-09 04:18 PM
    Hey! You DO actually read what I write!

The rest of what you said in your last post I agree with (yes, you can pick yourself up off the floor now). In an ideal world, all employees are perfectly trained and will answer with 100% accuracy. We would also see everyone stay true to their word. But, we don't live in a perfect world. Reduced staff, unexpected traffic increases, employees singning off on training they didn't comprehend, sales goals and plain old laziness, deceit, etc. can lead to imperfect, incomplete and otherwise less than accurate information.

This is why we need it in writing - without it in writing, you cannot prove what was said.

And I respectfully disagree with the assertion that not all of the terms are published. I have never once come across an issue that wasn't outlined in the printed/published materials.

Rican, I also disagree with your assessment of what I was trying to say, with regards to "welfare GPS" and a "welfare mentality." That type of wording is often used to refer to someone wanting anything outside of an agreement. I have right-wing friends who also have wished for the GPS to work on their VZW devices and I've accused them of having a welfare mentality for wanting welfare GPS.

Also, if you've not been keeping up with the news - and I am not talking about the stuff the NYTimes & MSNBC want you to believe - you might know that new evidence has surfaced regarding King Hussein's eligibility & Justices Roberts & Scalia have independently agreed to investigate. And, speaking of MSNBC, did you see their poll of 1.8 million people that gave the guy an F grade?

We might not have to wait until 2012 to see him gone, although I am unsure Biden would be any better.

WAIT A MIN! U mean to tell me that u also have liberal friends???

Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-16-09 at 06:38 PM.
    04-16-09 06:24 PM
    Also, with over 70% approval rating nationally for Obama verse -20% for Mr. Dislexic when he left office, you can't fight it no matter what squewed 'Texas only' poll you try to trump up, sorry! Obama's a rockstar here and overseas as well! So comon! Even you can let a little Obama love into that Hard core right-wing conservative heart of yours... can you?

At the very least, agree with his policy or not, the man is a gentleman and an overall nice guy!

04-16-09 06:36 PM
    Ahhh, I went off topic again! Uuhhg

04-16-09 06:51 PM
    WAIT A MIN! U mean to tell me that u also have liberal fiends???
    Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone, but yes, I do. And they are definitely fiends.

My ladyfriend was a Dem, too - then she saw the light & is now more rabid than me. And she is of a much darker genetic tan condition than most. We even saw her get her CCW/CCP last year.

I even have Democrat politicians in the FAMILY even. And, from those who have shared with me, none of them voted for Obamaclown - they felt he was too radical.

Now don't get me wrong - I didn't vote for McCain either. If Palin had been the lead on the ticket or if I knew John would croak soon, that migh have been different - but still - the guy is no conservative.

04-16-09 06:55 PM
    Also, with over 70% approval rating nationally for Obama verse -20% for Mr. Dislexic when he left office, you can't fight it no matter what squewed 'Texas only' poll you try to trump up, sorry!
    You need to look at recent polls. Even the MSM polls show him with a much lower approval rating now than they had Bush at the same time.

And I don't care how nice he appears to be. Even Hitler fooled with his charisma, but at least that madman didn't need a teleprompter or a BlackBerry. If he is bent on destroying my country & yours, he will never be on my favored list.

04-16-09 07:09 PM
    I think we need the gps since this thread has certainly lost its sense of direction. But as for the nationality/citizenship of the man who was sworn in by the Chief Justice, here's one article I found:

Scalia: You need 4 votes for Obama eligibility case

Remember anyone can sue about anything. Which is why some are suing verizon over a gps and others are suing over Obama's right to be President.

I have little doubt that Scalia would hear the suit and right now little doubt about how he would decide.

Next case!
    04-16-09 07:45 PM
    I think we need the gps since this thread has certainly lost its sense of direction.
    Quite trus on the direction. But after what, 16 pages on a single subject, some of us have forgotten the original issue.

I have several more articles, some as recent as the last couple of days, but I'll save those for a more appropriate forum.

Besides, everyone needs to cut us some slack & sit back to watch the miracle unfolding here - while I'd not want to call it bonding, Rican and I are actually speaking... in a civil manner, even!

04-16-09 09:42 PM
685 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD