Hey, Guys

Last night here in my city I called the corp verizon store and asked if I could do an upgrade since I'm an account manager on my Dad's account. The rep was real rude and said no,so I called Verizon customer care and asked what is the exact policy and the CSR supervisor said I can manage the account as if I was the account owner. Except change account password,delete other account managers and put the bill in my name.
    10-01-08 05:30 PM
    are you under 18? that could be the reason, however they should've let you go ahead with the upgrade with a simple phone call to your dad if you are a minor.
    10-01-08 05:40 PM
    Actually, many of these stores do a poor job or hiring and training employees. I find it helpful to go back to the same person (that provided excellent service previously) when I shop. There is a younger fella at my Circuit City that will help me anywhere in the store. If he is not in, I will go back another day. This tact holds true for me at other stores as well.
    10-01-08 06:14 PM
    Hey, Guys

Last night here in my city I called the corp verizon store and asked if I could do an upgrade since I'm an account manager on my Dad's account. The rep was real rude and said no,so I called Verizon customer care and asked what is the exact policy and the CSR supervisor said I can manage the account as if I was the account owner. Except change account password,delete other account managers and put the bill in my name.
    If he is younger than 18 he would not have been able to be added to the account as an account manager. No reason why you should not be able to upgrade if you are eligible and on the account. Try going to the corp store next time instead of calling, and calling customer service from the store if you have any problems.
    Last edited by dionsb; 10-01-08 at 08:42 PM.
    10-01-08 08:38 PM
    When I used to work for Verizon I remember anytime we had to refer a customer to a store we tried to get them to an actual VZW store; not a Best Buy/Circuit City/Radio Shack/some-other-outlet. The reason being is that the outlets hire their own reps and its possible don't get adequate training. Also, we'd gotten so many complaints we tried to save ourselves and the customer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD