08-11-09 11:35 AM
27 12
tools
    I'm sure many of you already know this, but I drug my friend in the other day to a VZW store because he used to have an Iphone (the screen cracked, go figure) and I finally convinced him to give up the far inferior AT&T service for the far superior Verizon/Vodafone service.

Anyways I told him to get a Tour (He wanted a storm at first, I already had a Storm and told him he would be dissapointed coming from an Iphone to a Storm so I told him to either wait for Storm 2 or get a Tour) and we go to sign up for his plan. We were there on our lunch breaks, dressed up in our waiter uniforms, which by the way if you ever been to a Carrabbas, unless we have the apron on, we look like business people, so we told him we worked for Carrabbas, and he said its worth a shot to look at the computer for discounts, and bada-bing bada-boom 20% off everything! It was under the computer as "OS Restaurant Partners" (Its a corporation, Outback, Carrabbas, Bonefish Grill, Flemmings, ect) So I was like "Hey man I work for them too, what about me?" He told me to just bring in a paycheck stub and the discount would be applied immediately. Great Success!

Who knew being a waiter in college would get me a 20% corporate discount on my VZW bill?? Haha anyways, I am happy, go check to see if where you work gets you a discount.
    08-07-09 03:32 PM
    Dude that's awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 03:37 PM
    I work for Prudential and get a discount. I actually found it just clicking around on the main Prudential real estate page and told everyone in my office, even those on other networks. (This goes for anyone employed by Prudential). So it definately is worth a shot!
    08-07-09 04:02 PM
    I get a discount. Half off my plan and 35% off accessories.
    08-07-09 04:03 PM
    I work for UPS as a truck unloader, and get 25% off my plan, 20% off data, and 25% off accessories since I work there. Plus, I got my Curve for $50 cheaper than the 2-year pricing, with no mail-in rebates.

I agree, working during college and getting great discounts is freaking awesome!
    08-07-09 04:06 PM
    I love getting discounts off of accessories and phones, etc.... makes me happy!
    08-07-09 04:12 PM
    Home depot employees get 25%, mcdonalds gets a decent one too

08-07-09 04:12 PM
    me too
    08-07-09 04:31 PM
    Discounts are amazing
    08-07-09 04:36 PM
    Substitute teacher, I get 15% off my bill. Which is decent I guess...better than nothing

08-07-09 04:56 PM
    Here's another question for some of you. I have a corporate discount which gets me 20% of voice and data with 25% off accessories. Would I get a % off the purchase of a new phone either at full retail or upgrade price?

08-07-09 05:55 PM
    Anyone who works for a company affiliated with GE gets a 22% discount off plans as well.
    08-09-09 12:11 PM
    if you have a work email address try going to http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=AzIkH4Ia enter your work email and they will send you a form to fill out and you can get your discount quite easily
    08-09-09 03:27 PM
    I work for costco and get 20% on data 20% on phone plans and 25% off of accessories
    08-09-09 03:57 PM
    Staples employees get 20% off bill 25% off accessories and i also get a premium checking acc from my bank. get being me
    08-09-09 04:20 PM
    Yea I get military discount 15%. Wish it was a bit higher though, but yea its better then nothing.

08-09-09 07:58 PM
    i get 20% on data 20% on phone plans and 25% off of accessories
    08-09-09 09:55 PM
    Does Verizon have a list of company employees who receive discounts on their website?
    08-10-09 12:16 AM
    Oh I love Verizon for this reason. 20% off bill, 25% off accessories. Work for Sears.
    08-10-09 12:25 AM
    Does Verizon have a list of company employees who receive discounts on their website?
    Im assuming you mean employers? not really, just call in and ask, thats the easiest way to find out
    08-10-09 11:02 AM
    if you have a company email you can check at the site i posted earlier

If no company email you can check with your local HR to see, and then i would recommend VZW. Reason i say check with HR first is that the discount may possibly be under a different company name or a group discount.

If no discount and you have a company of more than 5 people with VZW you can have somoene contact VZW business sales to get the process started. Remember the more lines offered the bigger the discount, but anything is better than nothing in this economy.
    08-10-09 11:46 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I was looking to change jobs when I get my nursing license. Whether the employer is included in the discount through Verizon will be one of the deciding factors. I just thought it would be helpful with a list to decide where to apply. Crazy huh!?
    08-10-09 12:35 PM
    I work for UPS as a truck unloader, and get 25% off my plan, 20% off data, and 25% off accessories since I work there. Plus, I got my Curve for $50 cheaper than the 2-year pricing, with no mail-in rebates.

I agree, working during college and getting great discounts is freaking awesome!
    Are you on verizon? I work for ups too...

08-10-09 12:55 PM
    When we bought our phones (T-Mobile), the rep gave us a 15% discount/month.
    08-10-09 01:01 PM
    Sounds familiar
    08-10-09 01:39 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD