12-16-09 07:46 PM
30 12
tools
    Don't forget third party sellers usually have ETF's on top of verizon's......so instead of a 350.00 ETF it could be 550.00 or more.
    12-16-09 02:13 PM
    Yes...

$10 to do a phone book transfer...

And they're becoming more strict about who they waive the fee for. Now there are instances where the fee is waived, but only under certain circumstances where some requirements are met. For example: the fee is waived if a customer had to have their phone replaced under warranty, since its not their fault they had to switch phones...

But when a customer upgrades to a new phone, the contacts usually aren't transferred for free, but yet again, there are times when certain requirements are met and it can be done free of charge...

Verizon wants customers to use the self service options, instead of always going into the store or calling in for things they can easily do for themselves (and usually in much less time)...
    Friend just got the transfer for free because she bought some accessories....it just depends I guess.
    12-16-09 02:13 PM
    Theres a large list of ways that one can qualify to have it waived. And of course many things are at the store's discretion.
    12-16-09 02:44 PM
    Also depends wether or not you go to a retailer or a corporate store.
    12-16-09 05:38 PM
    You'd get the same support as far as the one year warranty is concerned, regardless of where you buy it (third party retail vs corp store), but I think if you have issues with it off the bat and want to return it, that will depend on where you bought it... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how it works...
    If you have a DOA device or want to return it because you just plain hate it, you have to go through the 3rd party.

Otherwise, 1 year warranty can be handled through stores with available stock or call centers.
    12-16-09 07:46 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD