What is the cheapest plan for a Blackberry Curve through Verizon? Looking for something with web/data and txt/IM. I'm a current customer and love the coverage and I'll be getting a Curve but I am not sure if I'll stick with Verizon or switch to T-mobile. Thanks!
    09-03-08 05:30 PM
    The BIS plan for Verizon is $29.99 for unlimited web/Data for unlimited text you have to add that separate for $10,$15,$20 depending on which text plan you want.
    09-03-08 05:33 PM
    What about for minutes?
    09-03-08 06:56 PM
    Check it out on VZWs web site. Go through the motions of ordering service but don't submit your order. That will show you their current pricing .
    09-03-08 07:08 PM
    Also see if you can get Corporate Pricing if you or a family member work for a company on Verizon's list. My wife works for BlueCross and we get great pricing.
    09-04-08 09:06 AM
    What is the cheapest plan for a Blackberry Curve through Verizon? Looking for something with web/data and txt/IM. I'm a current customer and love the coverage and I'll be getting a Curve but I am not sure if I'll stick with Verizon or switch to T-mobile. Thanks!
    $39.99 for 450 mins + $29.99 BIS + what post above said about text pkgs

That's pretty much what I have and is the cheapest I can think of-
    09-04-08 11:03 AM
    The cheapest message plan is $5 a month for 250 messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 11:08 AM
    Go to sprint. You can get unlmtd data + unlmtd texts for $30 a month.

09-04-08 11:15 AM
    Thanks guys. Pretty pricey through Verizon.
    09-04-08 12:26 PM
    If you don't want to do a normal voice plan they do have BB specific plans but you don't get as many voice minutes. I just got my BB a month ago and remember looking at all the plans. I think for $79.99 you can get a BB plan w/450min unlim data. VZW now also has plans that include unlim txt; normally it was another $20. So the plan I mnetioned above would be $99.99 for unlim data/txt. I think I remember seeing a plan for $120 and it was unlim everything.

As for IM the curve has yahoo, msn, and google available and it uses the data. there's no AIM app yet.

09-04-08 12:41 PM
    If you don't want to do a normal voice plan they do have BB specific plans but you don't get as many voice minutes. I just got my BB a month ago and remember looking at all the plans. I think for $79.99 you can get a BB plan w/450min unlim data. VZW now also has plans that include unlim txt; normally it was another $20. So the plan I mnetioned above would be $99.99 for unlim data/txt. I think I remember seeing a plan for $120 and it was unlim everything.

As for IM the curve has yahoo, msn, and google available and it uses the data. there's no AIM app yet.

Just a heads up....

Effective March 2, 2008, customers who are not subscribed to a Messaging Bundle will be charged 20 per message for each IM or text message sent or received.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Unlimited IN Messaging applies to messages sent to and received from other Verizon Wireless customers 10-digit mobile phone numbers only within the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area. Monthly allowances apply to Instant Messages, TXT Alerts, emails, and Text, Picture, and Video messages to and from non-Verizon Wireless customers 10-digit mobile phone numbers. International Text Messages not included and cost 25/message sent and 20 (as of March 2, 2008) /message received. If your phone is not a PDA or Smartphone, picture and video message transport will be billed as airtime per your Calling Plan. If you have a PDA or Smartphone, picture and video messaging transport will not be billed unless you: (i) do not subscribe to a data plan or feature that includes unlimited data usage; and (ii) are in the Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, in which case picture and video messaging transport will be billed as data usage and deducted from your monthly data allowance, or billed at 1.5 per KB ($15.36 per MB), as applicable. Picture and Video messages sent using Messaging Bundles, and all Text messages sent (using Messaging Bundles or not), are billed per address.
    09-04-08 12:50 PM
    the $69.99 is the cheapest plan, 450mins, with unlim email and internet. its packaged when you goto Standard Voice Plan and add the Blackberry $29.99 plan onto it. ($39.99 450mins Voice + $29.99 BB Data plan)

they do have a voice and data for $79.99, its (to my knowledge) the same as the first plan i wrote. but for some reason they charge an extra $10. WoopyDoo....

either way, its not a bad deal
    09-05-08 12:54 PM
    Thanks guys. Pretty pricey through Verizon.
    Yeah VZW is a little more pricey, but it is worth it. You get what you pay for. Sprint sucks at least IMO.
    09-05-08 01:48 PM
    Just a thought..ask if you can get an employee discount for whatever company you work for. Verizon gives me 15%.

09-08-08 12:43 AM
    To bad tmoblies service sucks but they have the cheapest plan around 19 dollar data plan

09-08-08 12:56 AM
    I would recommend you to stick with Verizon.My wife is a happy customer of Verizon and I love the service.And for Verizon cell phone plans check the Billshrink.com site.
    Last edited by vincet; 09-08-08 at 06:30 AM.
    09-08-08 06:28 AM
    Just a heads up....

Effective March 2, 2008, customers who are not subscribed to a Messaging Bundle will be charged 20 per message for each IM or text message sent or received.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Unlimited IN Messaging applies to messages sent to and received from other Verizon Wireless customers 10-digit mobile phone numbers only within the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area. Monthly allowances apply to Instant Messages, TXT Alerts, emails, and Text, Picture, and Video messages to and from non-Verizon Wireless customers 10-digit mobile phone numbers. International Text Messages not included and cost 25/message sent and 20 (as of March 2, 2008) /message received. If your phone is not a PDA or Smartphone, picture and video message transport will be billed as airtime per your Calling Plan. If you have a PDA or Smartphone, picture and video messaging transport will not be billed unless you: (i) do not subscribe to a data plan or feature that includes unlimited data usage; and (ii) are in the Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, in which case picture and video messaging transport will be billed as data usage and deducted from your monthly data allowance, or billed at 1.5 per KB ($15.36 per MB), as applicable. Picture and Video messages sent using Messaging Bundles, and all Text messages sent (using Messaging Bundles or not), are billed per address.
    Most of that applies to normal phones and text msg. With a non-pda/bb if you use IM then it counts towards your txt msg (if you have a txt package it deducts from that and if you don't it charges you the txt rate $.20/msg).

I've been using IM on my BB and it doesn't take from my txt package.

09-08-08 10:13 AM
    Good Read. Verizon stuck me on the 79 dollar BB plan...then realized that I could get the EXACT same thing for 10 bucks less...even the Verizon Rep... couldn't explain why the extra $$.

the $69.99 is the cheapest plan, 450mins, with unlim email and internet. its packaged when you goto Standard Voice Plan and add the Blackberry $29.99 plan onto it. ($39.99 450mins Voice + $29.99 BB Data plan)

they do have a voice and data for $79.99, its (to my knowledge) the same as the first plan i wrote. but for some reason they charge an extra $10. WoopyDoo....

either way, its not a bad deal
    09-08-08 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD