I was hoping to add a second phone number to my Tour at the $9.99 price - until rep via 800 number said I would also be charged $29 extra/month for a data plan. I asked if it could be blocked for that line - and the answer was no. Any ideas of getting around it?...besides using two phones? Thanks! (BB newbie....be gentle)
    Last edited by kevlar119; 07-16-09 at 08:15 PM.
    07-16-09 08:10 PM
    There is no way to get around the data plan which Verizon requires for all newer PDA devices, blackberries being no exception to this rule.

Why would you want a blackberry if you weren't going to get your email and internet? Texting?? There are a wide variety of texting specific phones that will easily fit your needs.

If you're wanting to pay for the status tag of having a blackberry, then pony up the 30 a month.
    07-16-09 09:27 PM
    I think he/she wants a second number to ring on the same phone.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 09:30 PM
    Call forwarding

07-16-09 10:05 PM
    I was hoping to add a second phone number to my Tour at the $9.99 price - until rep via 800 number said I would also be charged $29 extra/month for a data plan. I asked if it could be blocked for that line - and the answer was no. Any ideas of getting around it?...besides using two phones? Thanks! (BB newbie....be gentle)
    Did you have an old phone? Why not activate the old phone on a family share for $9.99?

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish here. If you search the forums, I think most carriers are trying to avoid giving one device more than one number. That's a thing of the past.
    07-17-09 03:50 PM
    I do have the data plan and using the blackberry as it should be. I want a second line on this device that will allow two different voicemails. I am a Deputy Sheriff and a Realtor - so, keeping the two apart would be great. I have info on my voicemail for clients and don't need that info on the sheriff line. Call forwarding wouldn't work since it would be going to one voicemail. I also don't want to carry two phones - duty belt is heavy enough as is it. Thanks for your replies.
    07-17-09 07:47 PM
    Twins won't agree with me but u could try google voice. Different # and different vm but will still ring to ur phone.

07-18-09 10:32 AM
    Twins won't agree with me but u could try google voice. Different # and different vm but will still ring to ur phone.

LOL! He is on a one man miss
    ion to destroy Google.

Not that I can blame him, of course.

You could try that. BB doesn't support multiple numbers. It has been years since they have offered the ability to do it.

07-18-09 03:11 PM
    prepay gsm card and unlock it.
    07-18-09 04:14 PM
    I do have the data plan and using the blackberry as it should be. I want a second line on this device that will allow two different voicemails. I am a Deputy Sheriff and a Realtor - so, keeping the two apart would be great. I have info on my voicemail for clients and don't need that info on the sheriff line. Call forwarding wouldn't work since it would be going to one voicemail. I also don't want to carry two phones - duty belt is heavy enough as is it. Thanks for your replies.
    Check into youmail.com and setup custom greetings per caller.

forkup
    07-18-09 04:42 PM
    Great info

07-20-09 06:30 PM
    You can't have 1 ESN on 2 seperate numbers.
    07-20-09 06:55 PM

That would work - but I'd still have the same privacy concerns as I do with YouMail.

07-20-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD