07-29-09 08:26 AM
26 12
tools
    Sorry bit of a crosspost but hoping a VZW rep might see this.

I have a Tour that is 6 days old. The trackball sporadically sticks and i have sporadic bluetooth issues where people can't hear me.

I called support today and was told to call my car's manufacturer for the bluetooth issue..umm ok, but it affects my headset too.

This is the one that has me boggled. BB tech support said they could send me a replacement phone for the trackball issue but if they could not duplicate the issue when they received the phone, i would be charged full retail for the replacement Is this a new policy? I never heard this with any of the 3 curves I had replaced. And how do you duplicate a sporadic issue? If it comes in and you move the trackball and it works, is that it? OR do you play with it for hours until it sticks? SOmetimes it sticks only a couple times a day, other times it seems it sticks everytime i use it.

I realize I am within my 30 day return policy, but that seems kind of silly to return the phone instead of just send me a replacement.
    07-28-09 03:17 PM

I have a Tour that is 6 days old. The trackball sporadically sticks and i have sporadic bluetooth issues where people can't hear me.

I called support today and was told to call my car's manufacturer for the bluetooth issue..umm ok, but it affects my headset too.

This is the one that has me boggled. BB tech support said they could send me a replacement phone for the trackball issue but if they could not duplicate the issue when they received the phone, i would be charged full retail for the replacement Is this a new policy? I never heard this with any of the 3 curves I had replaced. And how do you duplicate a sporadic issue? If it comes in and you move the trackball and it works, is that it? OR do you play with it for hours until it sticks? SOmetimes it sticks only a couple times a day, other times it seems it sticks everytime i use it.

I realize I am within my 30 day return policy, but that seems kind of silly to return the phone instead of just send me a replacement.
    BB Tech said that? Tell them to go to **** and call VZW
    07-28-09 03:20 PM
    I got switched to vzw's BB tech support. The first csr dealt with the bluetooth issue then she said she had to switch me to BB support for the trackball
    07-28-09 03:21 PM

Anyone can correct me if they want but I believe you will be hearing this more and more, due to all the sudden "storm" problems that came about when the tour dropped. Its unfortunate but we reap what we sew
    07-28-09 03:22 PM
    Anyone can correct me if they want but I believe you will be hearing this more and more, due to all the sudden "storm" problems that came about when the tour dropped. Its unfortunate but we reap what we sew
    These aren't storm problems. He has a tour. Call 1800-922-0204 and talk to a tech. They should replace or head to a store you're within 30 days get a brand new one.
    07-28-09 03:25 PM
    These aren't storm problems. He has a tour. Call 1800-922-0204 and talk to a tech. They should replace or head to a store you're within 30 days get a brand new one.
    "HE"... is a she lol

I am probably going to head to a store tonight
    07-28-09 03:28 PM
    "HE"... is a she lol

Sorry Miss! Head into the store if they talk any sh*t tell them you can cancel within 30 days of your plan...
    07-28-09 03:29 PM
    Sorry Miss! Head into the store if they talk any sh*t tell them you can cancel within 30 days of your plan...
    Lol..NP on the he/she...hard to tell in a forum
    07-28-09 03:31 PM
    They should just be able to drop a new trackball into the phone for you instead of just replacing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:32 PM
    They should just be able to drop a new trackball into the phone for you instead of just replacing

I've never had a tech department in a VZW store offer to replace a trackball. I had 2 defective trackballs on Curves and each time I was sent a replacement. Its been my experience the in store techs won't touch it.
    07-28-09 03:34 PM
    I may be wrong but I believe that the stores just recently started stocking the trackballs. That's why they never replaced before they didn't stock the parts

07-28-09 03:42 PM
    I know not a storm problem, but that is the reason for the new policy, if its actually not working he will not be charged, only if they get it and its not actually broke they will charge you... i

"HE"... is a she lol

I am a He that is my wife and kid

I've never had a tech department in a VZW store offer to replace a trackball. I had 2 defective trackballs on Curves and each time I was sent a replacement. Its been my experience the in store techs won't touch it.
    They typically dont replace parts on new phones, Like I said if it is actually not working properly its just a disclaimer sayin that if you made up the problem because you got a scratch on your phone and wanted a new one with out they will charge you full price only if they can not find the problem. Callin and telling them you are going to cancel will get you no where fast. Trust me unless you are completely making up the trackball issue you will have no problem with getting no charge
    07-28-09 03:43 PM
    I know not a storm problem, but that is the reason for the new policy, if its actually not working he will not be charged, only if they get it and its not actually broke they will charge you...
    well my problem with that is it's a sporadic problem. how long will they play with it before they decide it truly is not working? And besides, its a 6 day old phone...it should work correctly!
    07-28-09 03:48 PM
    I see no issues with a policy like this. The Storm issues are what probably pushed the final buttons. Too many problems were fabbed or just user errors. If there really is a problem, then warranty. If no problem, full charge and return of the "defective" device.

07-28-09 03:51 PM
    The trackball getting dirty/oily is what causes it to stick

07-28-09 03:51 PM
    The trackball getting dirty/oily is what causes it to stick

Yeah the tech guy asked me if i was eating my dinner while playing with my blackberry Its a 6 day old phone..its not dirty or oily

and again, my issue with the policy is , it's a sporadic problem..it does not happen all the time...how long will they play with it to assess if it is a legit problem or not??
    07-28-09 03:55 PM
    If you use your phone at all it is oily enough to stick just from your hands. I found with both my pearls that if you deal with it for a few days they get to the magical level of dirtyness and stop sticking

07-28-09 04:00 PM
    That's correct I went to the verizon store 2 days ago because the ring around my trackball broke. They didn't ask any questions the rep got a brand new one from a big box behind the counter,put it in and told me to have a great day. Didn't even check my account for insurance! By the way they didn't charge me a dime!
    Last edited by bessemercityburgess; 07-28-09 at 05:05 PM.
    07-28-09 05:02 PM
    ^^^^ About 3 weeks ago RIM sent us replacement trackballs for all Blackberrys (Thank you RIM!) This is new and has become very useful instead of swapping the phone for a trackball issue and costing VZW more money than needed.
    07-28-09 06:26 PM
    just back from the vzw store with a new tour. The tech was able to duplicate the trackball issue after playing with it for 20 minutes or so. He said he had never heard of such a policy of charging full retail if the device is not really defective.

He also understood that it would be more hassle for me to return the phone under my 30 day period than it was to swap this one out with a new one.
    07-28-09 08:29 PM
    just back from the vzw store with a new tour. The tech was able to duplicate the trackball issue after playing with it for 20 minutes or so. He said he had never heard of such a policy of charging full retail if the device is not really defective.

He also understood that it would be more hassle for me to return the phone under my 30 day period than it was to swap this one out with a new one.
    That's what I was hoping for Good to hear you are up and running again.
    07-29-09 07:53 AM
    well my problem with that is it's a sporadic problem. how long will they play with it before they decide it truly is not working? And besides, its a 6 day old phone...it should work correctly!
    Well first of all - who ever you talked to in tech was clearly not thinking. We would not send you a certified like new replacement (used) phone. We would advise you to go into the store and have them check it out and replace it with a brand new phone on the spot.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 07-29-09 at 08:22 AM.
    07-29-09 08:19 AM
    Well first of all - who ever you talked to in tech was clearly not thinking. We would not send you a certified like new replacement (used) phone. We would advise you to go into the store and have them check it out and replace it with a brand new phone on the spot.

So go do that instead of worrying with tech support.
    She already did...
    07-29-09 08:21 AM
    ^^^^ About 3 weeks ago RIM sent us replacement trackballs for all Blackberrys (Thank you RIM!) This is new and has become very useful instead of swapping the phone for a trackball issue and costing VZW more money than needed.
    But you guys don't have replacement trackballs for the Tour though right?
    07-29-09 08:22 AM
    She already did...
    Yeah.... noticed that after I posted ha..

By the way - which center do you work for?
    07-29-09 08:22 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD