I just bought two new trackballs for my 8130 pearl from cnn and i wanted to know if any one has had any major problems with install or with the function of the trackballs from cnn? i asked this in the other forum but no responses yet so im covering all bases here!!!!
    05-05-09 08:41 AM
    No idea about problems with them themselves but if you are asking about removing the old one, its easy as sin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 10:35 AM
    i ordered a new original trackball from cnn.cn. Besides the longish shipping time (3weeks) i had no issues with the install or the function!

Just pop the O Ring off and flip the phone and the trackball assembly falls right out. Easy.

Mine works great and looks clean!
    05-05-09 10:57 AM
    I changed trackballs a lot on my Pearl. I used to buy them in bundles from cnn.cn and maybe two out of fifty of them were faulty. They're good quality! And changing them is simple too!

05-05-09 11:03 AM
    Thanks! keep me informed with all the new stuff for the 8130 i love new things
    05-05-09 01:42 PM
    No it's really simple. Just be careful when you pull off the chrome ring around the trackball. There are three small clips on the sides and bottom. So start at the top and pry away carefully and slowly. Good luck! I just got a black trackball...maybe it won't show dirt as easily...that's the hope.
    05-05-09 07:23 PM
    If you have long enough finger/thumbnails that's what I recommend to remove the chrome ring

05-05-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD