05-04-09 12:34 AM
33 12
tools
    Have check the search engine and didnt see anything about changing the trackball color on the 8330's. Does anyone know of a program that will change the color of the trackball instead of the good ole marker? I seen where the PIMP MY PEARL supposedly works on the 83XX series.
    04-17-09 05:59 PM
    You need to change the ball itself. The service LED at the top is multi-color, but the trackball light is not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 06:03 PM
    Cellular Accessories - Mobiado, 3G, Tools, HTC, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, Panasonic, Motorola, BlackBerry, sells them. I purchased the solid black G1 trackball. Works perfectly.

There is no program to change it like there is on the 8100.
    04-17-09 07:14 PM
    I dyed mine black. Works well, hasn't faltered since I did it months ago! Looks great...

TWINS... I know my background would just make you cry!

04-17-09 07:23 PM
    Cellular Accessories - Mobiado, 3G, Tools, HTC, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, Panasonic, Motorola, BlackBerry, sells them. I purchased the solid black G1 trackball. Works perfectly.

There is no program to change it like there is on the 8100.
    Hmm, I'm thinkingn about ordering the G1 trackball. How is it? Feel any different that the OEM one?
    04-17-09 07:25 PM
    TWINS... I know my background would just make you cry!

You're correct. I am saddened that there are such misled people out there.
    Hmm, I'm thinkingn about ordering the G1 trackball. How is it? Feel any different that the OEM one?
    It works better - hides dirt & runs smoother.

04-17-09 07:52 PM
    I found an easy, free way to do it, grab scotch tape and you favorite color sharpie, pop out the trackball color the tape with a sharpie let it dry and the place over the lcd lights, obviously it will only be the color you choose when it is lit up, if you want it perm. A color see previouse posts

04-18-09 07:39 AM
    You're correct. I am saddened that there are such misled people out there.

It works better - hides dirt & runs smoother.

I know! Why have an intelligent, thoughtful, and intellectual african american in the white house when you can have a dislexic, uninspiring, simplistic, and laughed at (worldwide) baffon who starts wars with the wrong countries and wants OBGYNs to share their love with women all across America

The question... IS our children learning - George W. Bush (the great)

The scariest and more serious thing however ... Bush folks believed in Absolutes ... Sounds like a certain someone I know

ok back to topic...
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-18-09 at 09:18 AM.
    04-18-09 07:58 AM
    It is great. I love how it looks. I ordered a black plastic trim ring with it also.

04-18-09 09:12 PM
    I think i'm going to buy a black trackball, those look really slick.
    04-18-09 09:34 PM
    Get it with the black ring. That looks even better.

04-18-09 09:53 PM
    Doh! I hit reply and THEN saw HeavyFluid's comment.

04-18-09 09:54 PM
    It's all good, i was planning on getting the ring too
    04-18-09 09:56 PM
    It's all good, i was planning on getting the ring too
    Black or titanium case, too, while you're at it.

04-18-09 10:27 PM
    whats the black trackball look like lit? I kind of like the plain jane white look myself and all white keys if they were all white instead of just the numeric pad on the 8330.
    04-19-09 03:25 AM
    whats the black trackball look like lit? I kind of like the plain jane white look myself and all white keys if they were all white instead of just the numeric pad on the 8330.
    it doesn't light up with the black track ball
    04-19-09 08:27 AM
    Thats what I was thinking but U never know.
    04-19-09 02:46 PM
    A blacklight trackball? Wait, that is actually blue, isn't it?

04-19-09 03:43 PM
    thanks for the link, some really great sounds
    04-22-09 08:26 PM
    Speaking of track ball I lost the darn ring that goes around it lastnight outside and cant find it. Does anyone know if the replacement balls are still that nasty champagne color or are they like bright white like the keys on the phone. I didn't know if it would be worth buying the new replacement trackball and the ring or just the ring. I would like to have a ball that lights up bright white.

Or if anyone knows somewhere I can get a ball that's bright white instead of the nasty champagne color let me know.
    04-26-09 01:46 PM
    wow this is cool were can you order them from, also what else can you change on a blackberry curve 8330??
    04-26-09 02:02 PM
    There is link on page 1 of this thread of a site that has about every replacement part you can think of.

I just didn't know if it would be worth ordering both sice the stock ball is that nasty champagne color. I would rather have a really bright white one.
    04-26-09 05:05 PM
    oh I got it, thank you
    04-26-09 07:23 PM
    Does anyone know about this replacement trackball question? Is the replacements the same nasty color as the stock or is it a brighter white? I need a new ring for the trackball but I didn't know if it would be worth getting both or just the ring.

Also has anyone ordered from that cnn.cn and where is it located and if they had good customer service or is it better to order it from crackberry? Thanks in advance.
    04-26-09 11:36 PM
    Does anyone know about this replacement trackball question? Is the replacements the same nasty color as the stock or is it a brighter white? I need a new ring for the trackball but I didn't know if it would be worth getting both or just the ring.

Also has anyone ordered from that cnn.cn and where is it located and if they had good customer service or is it better to order it from crackberry? Thanks in advance.
    I would like to know that to
    04-27-09 04:19 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD