Ok so I was thinking... Say I buy the tour when it comes out but keep the storm. Would I be able to switch back and fourth between them? I saw that on VZW website you can switch phones from there. Since it would be the same plan and all or would the tour have a sim card and i could just switch them and be done? I would like to get the tour considering im due for a upgrade right around then. But I would like to keep the storm. Dont get me wrong I love my storm and it has gave me minimal amount of problems. Thanks
    05-23-09 06:48 AM
    switching sim cards won't work on VZW.

you can do the switch on thier website, but it would be kind of a pain if you wanted to switch alot.
    05-23-09 07:31 AM
    Correct - VZW does not use SIM cards. The one you have in the storm (not quite sure yet if the tour will be a global phone, but I think it might be), is used for international calling.

Yes - you can change esn/meid numbers on line though your my vzw account, but you should be able also *228 opt 3 from the phone you want to activate. Keep in mind with either method make sure the phone you are deactivating is powered off.
    05-23-09 07:42 AM
    Is it free to do? that is a pain lol but i want to keep my storm.
    05-23-09 08:40 AM
    buying a new phone would extend the contract with vzw. I bought my phone on someone else upgrade on my plan. She didnt want a new phone and wants to keep the basic flip phone.
    05-23-09 08:44 AM
    Switching between phones will not effect your upgrade dates...only buying a new phone with the upgrade discount will effect it.
    05-23-09 11:36 AM
    Switching SIMs will not work. You can switch them online or by dialing *228 and selecting option 3 on the device you want to activate. After pressing 3 it'll then ask for your phone number and account password and then will switch it. Quite nifty.
    05-23-09 03:14 PM
    Well this is great to know! Will it affect the prorating of your plan or anything?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As long as you're switching between two 'berries, it shouldn't.
    05-23-09 03:14 PM
    you have to switch the esn on the site and if you want emails and such to be switched you have to change your pin on the BIS back and forth..
    05-23-09 04:25 PM
    well that seems like a huge pain to do that all the time. I do like my storm but the tour does look sick. hard decision. Should I keep my storm and buy the tour once it comes out or wait it out or sell my storm and get the tour? i do like my storm and all the things I have for it, but a physical keyboard is just so much more user friendly. I can type fast on my storm but its just annoying cause of all the mistakes.
    05-24-09 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD