I tried looking for information on Verizon's site concerning getting a new phone number for an existing line but couldn't find anything (poor searching skills this morning probably to blame )so maybe one of you can help. I just wanted to make sure that:
    -you can get a new phone number
    -how much does it cost to do so
    -and will there be any problem getting one for a different area (it is currently a New York number but will want to change that to an Indianapolis number)

I appreciate any information regarding this. Thank you.
    04-29-09 08:53 AM
    Contact them by calling *611 and tell them you want to change your number...it cost 15 bucks which will be put on your next phone bill. &no there should not be any problem getting a new area code.
    04-29-09 08:56 AM
    Thanks for the info and quick reply
    04-29-09 08:59 AM
    All of the above is correct. It was the same process and fee to change my number through TMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 08:59 AM
    Thanks for the info and quick reply
    no problem! glad i could help ya!
    04-29-09 09:02 AM
    $15 fee only applies if you are changing your number and the number is for the same area (the same area code and a local prefix). If you are changing numbers because you've moved to a new city with different area code or a prefix that isn't local, then the $15 fee can be waived.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 04:59 PM
    The $15 fee will also be waived if you are changing the number because you are receiving threatening phone calls.
    04-30-09 12:23 AM
    We have had a problem in the west area where the fee would never waive... no big deal, credit the next bill if necessary... But as everyone else had said already, yes easy to do and shouldn't cost given your scenario
    04-30-09 01:09 AM
    You have to manually adjust the fee everytime. I wish they had Phone number change reasons to prevent this either in ACSS or netACE or both.
    04-30-09 03:26 AM
    they also prorate the amount of minutes you have, which i dislike
    04-30-09 11:01 AM
    If you are VIP there is no charge to change your number
    04-30-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD