Hi guys, I have a current contract with verizon. I want to get a blackberry, probably a used one right now since I am a year+ away from my uprgrade time. If I put a blackberry on my line, will it extend my contract?
    02-20-09 07:32 AM
    It shouldn't. The contract period is usually to get a new phone at a reduced price. If you are adding a line, I would think most carriers would be happy with that.

Where you might run into trouble is if you are just replacing the device acquired on contract to get a cheap price on a phone, but someone else may have better info on that issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:11 AM
    ok let me be more clear with my question.

I have a non BB phone on contract. I want to buy a used BB not from VZW but from an outside source. If I enter the ESN on my verizon on my current phone line, will that extend the contract?
    02-20-09 08:25 AM
    Shouldn't extend your contract, you'll just have to change your plan to the BB plan (+$30/mo).
    02-20-09 08:56 AM
    You can change phones whenever you like. That doesn't extend the contract. Our Verizon is running a Buy One get one free so we got two for 129.99 with a 70.00 rebate!@ I love this thing. I am completely addicted to it and cannot go anywhere without it. Be warned. You will never be the same!
    02-20-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD