When I set up my Blackberry's BIS email address I used a prefix that is probably less than professional So I contacted my provider and asked if I can have it changed. I was told to login to my BIS account and just change it to whatever I want..... Your kidding right?? You can just change NAME@vzw.blackberry.net on a whim and you have a new email address when ever you want it??

Well, I did as I was told and seem to be able to send using the new address from the device however email sent to the new address receives the following error:

"This is the mail system at host mail029.bisx.prod.on.blackberry.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<NAME@vzw.blackberry.net>: host 172.20.128.32[172.20.128.32] said: 550
    5.2.1 <NAME@vzw.blackberry.net>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient
    (in reply to RCPT TO command)"

Thoughts??

*** Update
    I sent an email to the old address and it still works... <sigh> so I guess I can send using whatever address "Name" I want to put in the box but it does not actually change the address that people need to reply to. So in short it does not appear that the original address you set up can be changed. Bizarre to say the least.
    Last edited by Datalux; 07-11-08 at 02:29 PM.
    07-11-08 02:12 PM
    Log in to the BIS site again and send the Service Books to add the new address.
    07-11-08 02:31 PM
    Log in to the BIS site again and send the Service Books to add the new address.
    Doesn't work, I tried it already - it just confirms the name of the original address. If I added a NEW POP3 account then it would add it to the device but I want to change the <NAME>@vzw.blackberry.net account prefix.
    07-11-08 02:40 PM
    Can't you delete that account, log out. Then log in again and create a new one? I think that is what I had to do when our IT guy wiped my BB & I had to set everything up again.
    07-11-08 02:45 PM
    Can't you delete that account, log out. Then log in again and create a new one? I think that is what I had to do when our IT guy wiped my BB & I had to set everything up again.
    I did this on Tmobile to change my blackberry address. Deleted the account, rebooted the phone, the setup blackberry email address icon appeared and i just created a new account.
    07-11-08 03:01 PM
    I think you need to call customer support and have them fix it for you. I had to do it when I switched from a Pearl to a Curve

Doesn't work, I tried it already - it just confirms the name of the original address. If I added a NEW POP3 account then it would add it to the device but I want to change the <NAME>@vzw.blackberry.net account prefix.
    07-11-08 09:48 PM
    When I signed up to my vzw.bis account I saw a warning that once made it could not be changed. Maybe call BB customer support if you are not BES. If BES talk to IT first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 05:17 AM
    I changed my BB email.
    Delete old one and sign up for new one just as you did the first time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD