When I got my Curve a few months ago i set up my a BlackBerry e-mail address (myname@vzw.blackberry.net). Last week I decided to change it to my full name (first.last@vzw.blackberry.net).

I can send emails from the new address no problem. But when people reply they get this message:

Delivery Failure Report
    Your document: 550 5.2.1 <first.last@vzw.blackberry.net>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient
    was not delivered to: first.last@vzw.blackberry.net
    because: 550 5.2.1 <first.last@vzw.blackberry.net>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient

What gives?
    09-08-08 04:44 PM
    I would call your carrier and ask for a BB tech to see if they can straighten it out.
    09-08-08 04:51 PM
    When I got my Curve a few months ago i set up my a BlackBerry e-mail address (myname@vzw.blackberry.net). Last week I decided to change it to my full name (first.last@vzw.blackberry.net).

I can send emails from the new address no problem. But when people reply they get this message:

Delivery Failure Report
    Your document: 550 5.2.1 <first.last@vzw.blackberry.net>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient
    was not delivered to: first.last@vzw.blackberry.net
    because: 550 5.2.1 <first.last@vzw.blackberry.net>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient

What gives?
    From what I have read, you can only make a BB carrier.blackberry.net ONCE. I do know it said you cannot change that name at all.
    This was somehwere within Terms of Service and filling out the form.
    09-08-08 08:16 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

Misterx was right. I changed it back to the original email and now its fully functional again.

Is there a way to set up a second BB email address?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 11:43 AM

Is there a way to set up a second BB email address?
    If you are talking a!out @vzw.blackberry.net then no, you can have only 1 of those

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 11:49 AM
    I changed mine with no problems (with Rogers no less HA!)
    I just logged in to the BIS account, deleted the old BB address and made a new one.

Dino
    09-09-08 11:50 AM
    OK, so i need to delete the old address first.

Thanks!
    09-14-08 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD