My wife and will be swapping our 8330 alltel curves for a tour and a storm in a day or so. The tour has a 2gb card included and the storm has the 8gb included. Both are larger than we currently use in our curves and would like to know the easiest way to transfer our pics and mp3's over to the new cards.

Second involves transferring contacts and emails over. Have not used it yet, but would assume using the switch device wizard option in the DM would be the best bet. Will I need to un-install my current DM and install the new Dm with the new phones? Will the new Dm allow me to use the switch device wizard to get all my info out of my alltel phone and install it on the vzw device?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Really trying to make the equipment switch as painless as possible and hopefully not loose any thing along the way.
    08-11-09 10:16 PM
    Do a full backup of each device in DM, then run the switch. Pretty painless.

If you have any problems with the media cards, turn on the Mass Storage option, copy to computer, turn on Mass Storage on the new phones, then upload to new phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:30 PM
    Upgrade to the most recent version of Desktop Manager before backing up the original devices and transferring data to new devices.
    08-11-09 11:48 PM
    DM backs up SD Cards? News to me.
    08-12-09 02:58 AM
    So should I delete my current DM and just install the new dm cd-rom and start the process?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 09:25 AM
    My transfer from alltel was painless and simple.

Just make sure that when they convert your plan over (my plan was legacy), make sure all your features carry over. For instance they somehow dropped my unlimted message bundle when i got my blackberry so my bill had almost $250 in overages, but they fixed it and even offered a free month of service.

I think you will be pleased with Verizon, their network is everything they claim it is, as well as FIOS.
    08-13-09 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD