Just seems like a lot of cdma haters out there. This is a post for all of you cdma lovers out there and tell us why you like cdma. I love my curve on the Verizon Wireless Network......

Why?

CDMA is better than GSM.
    Internet speeds are faster
    Generally more coverage nationwide
    06-08-08 07:20 PM
    Well other than 1 years with sprint in 2000, verizon is the only other company I have used. I have had no problems with verizon. Why fix it if it is not broke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 07:26 PM
    I love the coverage... The call quality, the fact it's not so easy to use after theft (like just replacing sim)

06-08-08 08:16 PM
    Sim cards rock!!
    06-08-08 08:23 PM
    Sorry to stick my head in....CDMA is old technology, left behind by most of the world. Those that use it have WCDMA. CDMA actually has slower internet speeds than GSM (even Rev A is only a bit over 1 MB/s, full HSDPA/HSUPA runs 3.6 MB/s). Also, if CDMA is so good, why does the WE 8830 need to have GSM frequencies to let your roam in the rest of the world. Call me a hater, I am just stating facts.

06-08-08 08:23 PM
    I don't care if I am using CDMA or GSM. As long as my phone works, then I am a happy man.

psst, don't tell anyone I am getting a AT&T Curve because of the sim card. LOL
    06-08-08 09:02 PM
    In Charlotte, NC, cdma has the monopoly on coverage, specifically my Alltel 8830 WE, but when TMO moves in(the Suncom acquisition), I'm seriously considering the change. Why? Cause cdma don't do phones like gsm and that's because cdma is the minority of the world of cell phone technology. I hate having to wait 6-12 months longer to get a damn phone!

06-08-08 10:09 PM
    Sorry to stick my head in....CDMA is old technology, left behind by most of the world. Those that use it have WCDMA. CDMA actually has slower internet speeds than GSM (even Rev A is only a bit over 1 MB/s, full HSDPA/HSUPA runs 3.6 MB/s). Also, if CDMA is so good, why does the WE 8830 need to have GSM frequencies to let your roam in the rest of the world. Call me a hater, I am just stating facts.

Too bad you wouldn't know what HSDPA runs like, because neither T-Mobile nor AT&T have 3G BlackBerries. So, sorry to stick my head in, but your statement isn't relative; why brag about data speeds that you don't even have access to? The reason 8830 has GSM frequencies is because the rest of the world is on a GSM standard, so CDMA doesn't work elsewhere. I hope you enjoy 3G speeds when T-Mobile finally gets it nationwide, but by that time Verizon may well have LTE 4G already, LOL.
    06-08-08 10:33 PM
    Too bad you wouldn't know what HSDPA runs like, because neither T-Mobile nor AT&T have 3G BlackBerries. So, sorry to stick my head in, but your statement isn't relative; why brag about data speeds that you don't even have access to? The reason 8830 has GSM frequencies is because the rest of the world is on a GSM standard, so CDMA doesn't work elsewhere. I hope you enjoy 3G speeds when T-Mobile finally gets it nationwide, but by that time Verizon may well have LTE 4G already, LOL.
    Well, I see I don't need to post anything further. Thanks for filling in.
    06-08-08 10:45 PM
    I honestly feel safer with a cdma phone. With devices that use sim cards, anyone can steal your phone abd it will operate with their sim. If someone stole my phone, however, it would be useless to them. I like to think that a potential thief would see the verizon logo on my phone and not take it. (key phrase: I would like to think )

06-08-08 10:58 PM
    I honestly feel safer with a cdma phone. With devices that use sim cards, anyone can steal your phone abd it will operate with their sim. If someone stole my phone, however, it would be useless to them. I like to think that a potential thief would see the verizon logo on my phone and not take it. (key phrase: I would like to think )

If a GSM phone is reported stolen to the carrier that phone WILL NOT work with someone else's SIM.

Better get used to it, Verizon will be using SIMs once they move to LTE.
    06-08-08 11:03 PM
    If a gsm phone is stolen it could work with someone else's sim, if they are on the same carrier, or they unlock it.

06-08-08 11:17 PM
    No it can't. If any Blackberry is reported stolen, both it's IMEI and ESN are flagged as stolen. They will not connect to data services.
    06-09-08 09:32 PM
    I love my vzw curve though I've had verizon ever since my first cell so don't know any different. I wish I could use gps though!!!

06-09-08 09:50 PM
    No it can't. If any Blackberry is reported stolen, both it's IMEI and ESN are flagged as stolen. They will not connect to data services.
    This is true of all phones not just BB, that's why you see folks stating clean ESN when selling previously owned phones.

I'm happy with my CDMA phone, I get coverage in areas my GSM buddies don't and I believe currently the CDMA speeds are faster than the GSM folks.
    06-09-08 09:54 PM
    So happy with my CDMA curve here. Gotta love it! Be patient with Sprint...they're doing the best that they can...and their prices can't be beat!
    06-09-08 10:04 PM
    Maybe I'm late in this but let's not forget that we here in America like to do things our way ... We aren't metric so why expect GSM. I think it's more of an arrogance thing ... Make the rest of the word conform to us.

I'm happy as long as the phone works. Who ever has the best reception will get my business.

06-09-08 10:17 PM
    I agree, if it works it works. Yes CDMA is old, i prefer GSM. I like to be able to change my phone and not have to call customer service and ask permission. Yes i have 4 phones 3 blackberries and one HTC. I use whichever one for whatever reason anytime any day just move the SIM and that's something i can do with MY phones. So yes it is true, in America we like to do stuff our way but CDMA locks you in to a certain way, where GSM gives you freedom. And what is the greatest thing about America, what out forfathers built it on, FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!

And FYI crooks don't look at the carrier logo until after they have already stolen your phone, not before.
    06-10-08 11:36 AM
    Who cares whether the phone is CDMA or GSM? How many of you "GSM lovers" who tout its world compatibilities have actually left the USA? For those who enjoy killer domestic coverage and want international roaming can always get an 8830 from Verizon -- it supports both CDMA and GSM.

Ultimately, I don't care what technology it's based as long as it WORKS. I've had AT&T and Sprint, they both suck in my opinion compared to Verizon. As far as I'm concerned, CDMA is delivering on reliable coverage and higher data speeds -- talk of GSM 3G is exactly that, mostly just talk.

By the time AT&T has rolled out its national 3G coverage, Verizon will be well on its way to rolling out its national 4G infrastructure. Oh wait, maybe it has nothing to do with CDMA or GSM, maybe its the carrier who actually makes a difference! Verizon's 4G technology will be using some form of GSM, but don't you think it's funny that the biggest domestic GSM provider -- AT&T -- is lagging Verizon in GSM implementation?

This is a silly argument. The technology that wins is the one that works.
    06-10-08 02:09 PM
    i have the 8830 WE and im usin CDMA with my plan but its alright...the fone lasts longer on GSM but i prefer GSM so i can have the sim card and juss pop it out wen the battery dies, charge the fone and put the sim card in a different fone while i wait...but quality, i think its all the same...i've used both and i dont really hear a difference, and with coverage, i havent travelled everywhere to really find out
    06-10-08 02:17 PM
    I am on Verizon and have to love it because it is the ONLY carrier that works in the building that I work in. Coverage is great! The time it takes to get new phones, etc. Is not!

That is the deal... All carriers/technologies have some good and some bad. Take that into consideration and choose which is best for you!

I can pretty much guarantee that NO ONE is 100% satisfied with the carrier. Everyone wishes that "something" was a little better!

06-10-08 02:29 PM
    Who cares whether the phone is CDMA or GSM? How many of you "GSM lovers" who tout its world compatibilities have actually left the USA? For those who enjoy killer domestic coverage and want international roaming can always get an 8830 from Verizon -- it supports both CDMA and GSM.

Ultimately, I don't care what technology it's based as long as it WORKS. I've had AT&T and Sprint, they both suck in my opinion compared to Verizon. As far as I'm concerned, CDMA is delivering on reliable coverage and higher data speeds -- talk of GSM 3G is exactly that, mostly just talk.

By the time AT&T has rolled out its national 3G coverage, Verizon will be well on its way to rolling out its national 4G infrastructure. Oh wait, maybe it has nothing to do with CDMA or GSM, maybe its the carrier who actually makes a difference! Verizon's 4G technology will be using some form of GSM, but don't you think it's funny that the biggest domestic GSM provider -- AT&T -- is lagging Verizon in GSM implementation?

This is a silly argument. The technology that wins is the one that works.
    Very Well said!!!!!!
    06-10-08 02:30 PM
    Awwwwwww yeah, I love it.

$240.00 worth of pudding.........
    Now I know ur asking "Barry and Levon where did you get $240.00 dollars from?"
    06-12-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD