I'm trying to login to BIS, I have a registered email address on my BB but I can't login cause I keep getting a message that says I have no user name set up for BIS. So when I try to create a new acct, I get a notification saying that my account is "not accessible via HTML browser." So I tried to register on my BB and I still got that message...any ideas / halp?
    10-19-09 03:26 PM
    Battery pull, then try on your BB
    10-19-09 03:36 PM
    Your BIS account needs to be re-created. Call into VZW and they can delete/recreate.
    10-19-09 03:39 PM
    Actually...

What you should be able to do, is go to your "Email Settings" on your BlackBerry. This should bring you into your BIS where you can add/remove/edit email accounts...

From there you should be able to press the BlackBerry button, and select the option Create Username, or something of the like....

This should allow you to create a username and password for your BIS...
    10-19-09 03:41 PM
    Actually...

What you should be able to do, is go to your "Email Settings" on your BlackBerry. This should bring you into your BIS where you can add/remove/edit email accounts...

From there you should be able to press the BlackBerry button, and select the option Create Username, or something of the like....

This should allow you to create a username and password for your BIS...

Yeah, better plan actually. My bad lol
    10-19-09 03:43 PM
    ...but if that doesn't work call tech support....

They can just delete you then re add you if necessary...
    10-19-09 03:53 PM
    Call it an effective Plan B lol
    10-19-09 03:58 PM
    What is the advantage to creating a username? I had tried before and saw this thread and then tried the suggestions here-looks like it would work but I wanted to know what I was getting myself into Thanks!!
    10-19-09 09:10 PM
    What is the advantage to creating a username? I had tried before and saw this thread and then tried the suggestions here-looks like it would work but I wanted to know what I was getting myself into Thanks!!
    The benefit to having a user name and password is, that you can login from a computer to your carriers BIS site and do all the things things you can from the device.
    10-19-09 09:13 PM
    Thanks everyone for the ideas. Much appreciated!
    10-20-09 01:37 AM
    The benefit to having a user name and password is, that you can login from a computer to your carriers BIS site and do all the things things you can from the device.
    Thanks. What kind of things would I do from both the computer and the device? Is it just setting up the email accounts (that is what I thought).

Thanks!!
    10-20-09 10:21 AM
    Colleen - for some (me included) it is just more convenient and quicker to manage the BIS account from a browser on the PC.
    10-20-09 10:37 AM
    Glen-thanks. I am still relatively new to this blackberry stuff and I wasn't sure if I was missing something important that I should have set up. I appreciate the help!
    10-20-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD