I can't dl operamini for my 8703e, i tried using the sms download, but they never sent me a txt, i havent tried doing it thru pc because im too lazy... I WANT to dl it from my phone! and when i try to, it wont let me, it keeps saying go to opera.mini.com and click on download operamini. after i do that, it tells me to pick my phone manufacture, service and then to download, but the download button is nowhere to be found :/
    01-18-08 02:17 AM
    go to m.opera.com on your phones browser. and select the download link. it should be the first line
    01-18-08 09:37 AM
    okay does this apply to the pearl as well, i have tried every text message, email, website for opera mini and no luck. no link and if there is a link it takes me to another page with another link that does not work.
    01-18-08 03:18 PM
    MAKE SURE YOUR BB BROWSER EMULATION IS SET TO BLACKBERRY!!!

Then go to www.operamini.com Click the download link at the top of the basic looking page that comes up. If you see an elaborate Opera website, you didn't do the step in bold up top.
    01-18-08 06:12 PM
    Whenever i go to the site on my phone, it says it does not recognise my handheld device, then something about a high and low grade memory version... The emulation is set to blackberry.

Any help?
    01-20-08 11:09 AM
    High version.
    01-20-08 02:56 PM
    thanks JRSCCivic98!! i didnt know that u have to change it to blackberry, whats the difference?
    01-21-08 01:04 AM
    Here we go again.....

Browsing from a BB is a Proxy request setup. That means that when you make a request from your phone it doesn't hit the website directly, but rather a server which then requests the website info and parses it down to you in a "cutdown" format. The emulation settings in the Browser options controls the website's abilities to detect the phone's type and model. So if you set it to IE the Operamini website cannot give you the simple OTA link that's designated for a Blackberry. In the end, you can still get the download if you're emulating IE, but you have to do more work. I know it works, because I've done it, but it's way easier to just set your emulation to BB and then hit the main site. It give you a simple looking page with a link for the Blackberry version of the OTA install. Super simple. This same scenario can be applied to a lot of websites that are coded to check for the type of phone or device that's requesting the info.
    01-21-08 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD