I've tried every suggestion to download 4.5 for my wife's 8330 but can't download it!

I've gone to BlackBerry® Software Updates and select Personal. Arrive at this page BlackBerry® Software Updates and put in device (8330). Then nothing happens!!! It doesnt ask for my phone number or anything. When I contacted Verizon they said "we can't duplicate your problem, clear your cache and cookies."

How do I get the 4.5 OS for the 8330?

I was able to upgrade my Pearl at work (not BES) but can't get the 4.5 to download and install at home. Using DM 4.5.

Any help appreciated!

John
    11-08-08 12:31 PM
    I have a buddy who is not very 'hands on' who just took his to the local Verizon store and they loaded his for him

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 12:45 PM
    The store will update it for you, but you'll have to stand there for 30 minutes while it goes through. Did you try opening it in another browser, like firefox?
    11-08-08 12:50 PM
    did you try vzam.net/blackberry???
    11-08-08 02:40 PM
    did you try vzam.net/blackberry???
    Yep, just has place to put in type of BB but that is it. Doesn't do anything.

Thanks

John
    11-08-08 03:42 PM
    I can't get it to work on my computer and I run vista. I do get the page that I can put in my number, but when I click on download now, nothing happens.

11-08-08 09:08 PM
    The reason why you can't dowload because the website is too large dowload on your PC then transfer to phone

11-10-08 09:30 PM
    The reason why you can't dowload because the website is too large dowload on your PC then transfer to phone

That is what I was trying to do - download it from the web to my PC.

John
    11-11-08 12:02 AM
    I've tried every suggestion to download 4.5 for my wife's 8330 but can't download it!

I've gone to BlackBerry® Software Updates and select Personal. Arrive at this page BlackBerry® Software Updates and put in device (8330). Then nothing happens!!! It doesnt ask for my phone number or anything. When I contacted Verizon they said "we can't duplicate your problem, clear your cache and cookies."

How do I get the 4.5 OS for the 8330?...
    I just clicked on the link you posted and went directly to the Verizon site, clicked personal, selected 8330 from the dropdown, and immediately the page updated to show the phone number fill-in boxes. Try it again. It may have just been interrupted by a temporarily overloaded server.
    11-11-08 12:24 AM
    JeffH - I just tried it again and it still doesn't work! Could it be some setting on my computer or IE?

Thanks

John
    11-11-08 12:31 AM
    JeffH - I just tried it again and it still doesn't work! Could it be some setting on my computer or IE?

Thanks

John
    It could be, but Verizon Tech Support already had you clear your cache. Try clearing your cache again.
    11-11-08 12:34 AM

Thanks

John
    Well, I did get it downloaded. Seems my Zone Alarm was the problem. After I turned Zone Alarm off I got the window to put in phone number and downloaded 4.5.

Now, have another problem. It doesn't install on my phone! It goes through the set up and I can find the files on my PC but it doesn't load to BB and I can't find a way to load it using DM 4.5. Now what?

Thanks

John
    11-11-08 01:50 AM
    Ok, so you got the OS downloaded. Did you install it on your PC? Double-click the OS executable and it will install on your PC. The you can install it on your phone.

It's best to follow a set procedure. The Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure that's linked in my sig is one way. I used it successfully yesterday.
    11-11-08 10:02 AM
    Got it installed finally! Had to do it on my office computer. It would not install on my home computer for some reason.

Thanks for the help.

John
    11-11-08 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD