I have a Verizon aircard on my laptop and so I am reluctant to install VZ Access for my new Storm. I don't want to run the risk of having compability issues with the aircard.

What does VZ Access give me with the Storm? I know it will allow me to use it as a modem with the laptop. and it installs vCast. But I don't want to pay for vcast.

Am I missing something else?
    03-12-09 03:25 PM
    It is for tethering with your BlackBerry. Unless you are tethering, you don't need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 04:43 PM
    I don't think you pay for Vcast, just for individual downloads. But I could be wrong cause I deleted that Sh*t immediately.
    03-12-09 04:45 PM
    I have a Verizon aircard on my laptop and so I am reluctant to install VZ Access for my new Storm. I don't want to run the risk of having compability issues with the aircard.

What does VZ Access give me with the Storm? I know it will allow me to use it as a modem with the laptop. and it installs vCast. But I don't want to pay for vcast.

Am I missing something else?
    I have a suggestion for you, and this solved my problem. I used VZ access for 29.95 a month which don't get me wrong, worked great. Now that TetherBerry is out, I get the same internet access using my data plan with my Storm, and there is no Monthly Charge!!!!. Now I'm a real happy camper. Lose the AirCard, don't add VZAccess to your Storm and USE TetherBerry, I think the special price right now is 29.95 one time fee.
    03-12-09 04:48 PM
    And I stand corrected - it seems VCast is available on Storm.

03-12-09 04:53 PM
    And I stand corrected - it seems VCast is available on Storm.

A brief explanation of vzw services....
    $15 unlimited v cast is only available on non pda/smartphones. It is the best alternative to the $1.99 per mb data charge.
    Blackberries require a mandatory data bundle. 2 choices....
    For consumers, unlimited data on berry only, 29.99. Additional $30 for 5 gigs of data via tethering. $.25 per mb for averages if exceeding 5 gig.
    For bes (corporate) users. $44.99 unlimited data on berry only. $15 for the tether add on. Same overage rate.

Some of the vcast benefits are available on the storm, like music downloads and weather. Vcast; however, is not an available product on the storm.

I pay for the tethering through verizon and love it. Never used tetherberry.

03-12-09 05:11 PM
    Thanks for the help.

My company pays for the aircard, so I want to leave that one alone.

My Storm came with a vCast app for Rhapsody, by the way. I just got my Storm three weeks ago, so maybe it was added to newer models.
    03-13-09 11:45 AM
    Yea it's a web based limited Vcast it's not the same, not as robust as the "dumb" phone version. Of course on a BB you get many OTHER good options too, which you can never get on a "dumb" phone.

EDIT: NBC has a good mobile site that works well on BB, and has full episodes (and clips of course) http://m.nbc.com
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-13-09 at 12:39 PM.
    03-13-09 12:35 PM
    EDIT: NBC has a good mobile site that works well on BB, and has full episodes (and clips of course) http://m.nbc.com
    Where are the full episodes?

A-Team on BlackBerry would be cool.

03-13-09 06:14 PM
    Where are the full episodes?

A-Team on BlackBerry would be cool.

There's a link, that says "Full Episodes". It's pretty cryptic I know.....

30 Rock
    Crusoe
    Days of our Lives
    Friday Night Lights
    Heroes
    Kath and Kim
    Knight Rider
    Lipstick Jungle
    My Own Worst Enemy
    Biggest Loser
    The Office

Good to know NBC only has 2 shows I bother watching.
    03-13-09 07:56 PM
    There's a link, that says "Full Episodes". It's pretty cryptic I know.....
    Sadly, I don't see that link anywhere. I find Episode Recaps, Photos & Shows List - but no Full Episodes.

When i go to Shows List & select a particular show, I get the above.

Personally, I think the evil VZW has locked down my episode viewing chip (EVC) so I'll be forced to dump my BlackBerry & buy a Voyager with VCast.
    03-13-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD