Sprint is awful anytime you need to deal with them. Luckily, with the $99 plan, this doesn't come up too often, since my bill never changes. Well, I had to deal with them again to order the Tour, and it just really makes me question if I want to be with them still. I ordered the phone one minute after it was available, and yet they are out of stock and have no idea when I will receive it- and they shipped phones to others who ordered later, and they received their phones yesterday. There is a huge thread that is over 100 pages on the Tour forum with lots of people in this same boat.

To Sprint's credit, they did take $100 off the cost of the phone for my troubles, but I'm still just wondering about switching. I'm not as hot as I was prior to the credit, but I just don't know anymore.

Right now I'm paying $99 for unlimited everything. I need it all except for lots of texts and I don't really need the Sprint TV thing. I need GPS, unlimited minutes to unlimited numbers (not just a group of favorite numbers). I've called and talked to VZW about pricing, but I'd like to ask you all what you think I would pay at VZW for the same thing?

Thanks
    07-15-09 04:55 PM
    Unlim min = 99.99
    unlim txt = 20.00
    unlim internet and email = 30
    GPS = 10
    tethering = 15

total: $175/month
    07-15-09 05:01 PM
    Unlim min = 99.99
    unlim txt = 20.00
    unlim internet and email = 30
    GPS = 10
    tethering = 15

total: $175/month
    Wow, I forgot about tethering. I need that too, and get it included with my $99 as long as I don't go crazy with it.

That's almost twice as much! I wish money were no object, but it is.
    07-15-09 05:12 PM
    Wow, I forgot about tethering. I need that too, and get it included with my $99 as long as I don't go crazy with it.

That's almost twice as much! I wish money were no object, but it is.
    There are work arounds for features... not using the VZNavigator for the GPS and things like that, but dont recommend using something else for tethering, since if the carrfier catches you once, you will be paying more for that one time than you would if you had the tethering feature for the rest of your life
    07-15-09 05:16 PM
    Can we exchange contracts or something because verizon broke my blackberry.
    07-15-09 05:21 PM
    I pay 99.99 a month for 450 peak minutes, unlimited n/w minutes, unlimted mobile to mobile minutes, and unlimted data (blackberry) usage....

I pay an extra 15 a month for tethering (using it as a modem) if i am not in an area that has wifi.

all told, with taxes, it's about 120 a month. I dont see that as a lot, IMO, but I also use my BB as my primary phone (gave up landline a long time ago).

I would definitely recommend looking into your monthly usage. I had unlimited peak mins, but got rid of it and went down to 450, because i dont use my daytime mins all that much...

again, IMO, you'd be much better off with VZW over sprint, if you are concerned about service... my phone works everywhere, and haven't had a problem in years.....
    07-15-09 05:29 PM
    It was a simple ordering system error. If you had waited a few hours to place your order, you probably wouldn't have seen a problem. Sprint did a nice thing for you by issuing a $100 credit.

If you've had good results with Sprint, stay there. If you are using all of the services and are happy with their performance, why switch? The only thing you will see is a higher bill.

You may want to change in the future, and that would be fine - just do it for the right reasons.

Otherwise, you're just tossing money away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 06:11 PM
    I pay 99.99 a month for 450 peak minutes, unlimited n/w minutes, unlimted mobile to mobile minutes, and unlimted data (blackberry) usage....

I pay an extra 15 a month for tethering (using it as a modem) if i am not in an area that has wifi.

all told, with taxes, it's about 120 a month. I dont see that as a lot, IMO, but I also use my BB as my primary phone (gave up landline a long time ago).

I would definitely recommend looking into your monthly usage. I had unlimited peak mins, but got rid of it and went down to 450, because i dont use my daytime mins all that much...

again, IMO, you'd be much better off with VZW over sprint, if you are concerned about service... my phone works everywhere, and haven't had a problem in years.....
    Yeah, see- I use over 3,000 minutes per month during peak hours.
    07-15-09 06:30 PM
    It was a simple ordering system error. If you had waited a few hours to place your order, you probably wouldn't have seen a problem. Sprint did a nice thing for you by issuing a $100 credit.

If you've had good results with Sprint, stay there. If you are using all of the services and are happy with their performance, why switch? The only thing you will see is a higher bill.

You may want to change in the future, and that would be fine - just do it for the right reasons.

Good advice. I just hate dealing with them. I guess if it is like once per year, it isn't so bad.
    07-15-09 06:31 PM
    Yeah, see- I use over 3,000 minutes per month during peak hours.
    Yeah, in your case, it might just be worth staying where you are for now. VZW has unlimited plans, but as someone else said, it might bump your bill up to quite a bit more...
    07-15-09 06:34 PM
    yeah, i would love to see a new customer like that, but in all honesty if you are over 80% happy, then stay... yeah your service would increase, but your bill would too... If you are happy with service, why pay more?
    07-15-09 06:41 PM

Somebody call Ripley's or a doctor and do it quick! Dad actually endorsed staying with Sprint in an open forum!

07-15-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD