I spoke to VZW tonight and apparently I cannot use my $100 upgrade credit on the iPhone since "Apple demanded Verizon sell all iPhones at the 2-year price." Can anyone else confirm this information?

VZW called me to notify me of my available upgrade while trying to sell me the Storm 2 or an Android phone. I only half believe what the rep had to say regarding my ability to use the credit on the iPhone.
    01-14-11 12:34 AM
    I would think that is accurate since Apple is really strict (to my knowledge) about 3rd party vendors or agents selling their phones and I don't believe anyone is allowed to sell below the retail cost for Apple products.

Again, I could be wrong, but truthfully...this sounds pretty accurate to me.
    01-14-11 12:52 AM
    I wouldn't ask the reps anything right now...they are generally clueless. The last one I talked to didn't even know that the Storm 9550 was a World phone and had a SIM slot...lol! Wait until next month when the final details come out from VZW, follow the VZW website, and sign up for updates from VZW.
    01-14-11 12:59 AM
    They are wrong according to their own website. Read #6 iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins.
    01-14-11 01:47 AM
    Lol, cut the poor reps a break on this one - a buddy of mine is a vzw rep, he wasn't told for sure that vzw was getting the iphone until everyone else was. Lotta stuff to learn in a few days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 02:34 AM
    I know the NE2 credits are being changed after January 16th and there will no longer be early upgrades for primary lines. Apple is strict when it comes to pricing and carrying their products so I wouldn't be surprised if you can't use the 100 credit towards iphone. According to the verizon site the 16g iphone will go for 199.99 and the 32g goes for 299.99 so its similar to the droid X but don't know if there will be rebates for it.
    01-14-11 02:45 AM
    I know the NE2 credits are being changed after January 16th and there will no longer be early upgrades for primary lines. Apple is strict when it comes to pricing and carrying their products so I wouldn't be surprised if you can't use the 100 credit towards iphone. According to the verizon site the 16g iphone will go for 199.99 and the 32g goes for 299.99 so its similar to the droid X but don't know if there will be rebates for it.
    Yes Apple is strict but Verizon's iPhone FAQ states:

Will existing customers be able to redeem their New Every Two credit?

Yes, existing customers will be able to take advantage of their New Every Two credit if eligible, and use it towards the purchase of iPhone (may not be available at all agent locations).

From the link posted a few posts above.
    01-14-11 08:57 AM
    You can use your NE2 credit. Once you use it after 1/16, it is no longer available. Literally, the only thing that we know at the call centers/in the store is whats listed in that FAQ. Anything more is either speculation or misinformation. We probably won't know more details until next week or the week after.
    01-14-11 07:59 PM
    I spoke to VZW tonight and apparently I cannot use my $100 upgrade credit on the iPhone since "Apple demanded Verizon sell all iPhones at the 2-year price." Can anyone else confirm this information?

VZW called me to notify me of my available upgrade while trying to sell me the Storm 2 or an Android phone. I only half believe what the rep had to say regarding my ability to use the credit on the iPhone.
    I just read this article on Yahoo home page and I think your answer is provided in the article itself about new customers and existing customers and whether you can get credit for an Iphone....however, due to the tremendous event from Tuesday regarding VZW, they are changing their policy and it consists of the Credit program ending after January 16th.

Here's more information: smartmoney-hello-iphone-goodbye-upgrades: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
    01-14-11 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD