So, I purchased an Alpine deck and Bluetooth receiver for my car for hands free driving. Low and behold Car toys tells me it's yet another thing that Verizon phones cannot do. Transfer the phonebook to my device just like every other phone carrier can do and should be able to do. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    05-02-09 11:37 PM
    What phone do you have? Most current phones support the profile to do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 11:39 PM
    My BlackBerry Curve works with my vehicle. Bluetooth is built into the car however.
    05-03-09 08:44 AM
    I have an 8130 Pearl. When I select the transfer address book option, it states, "Unable to Locate Object Push Server. See the manual for your bluetooth handsfree device." Manual is no help.
    05-03-09 06:38 PM
    I know the feeling here. I was with VZW for a long time. As far as them (vzw) not pushing the phonebook, thats not correct. I had a samsung, LG (both vzw) and 2 curves 8310(on att) and 8900(tmob) that pushed the phone book to the alpine bt100

I have recently upgraded my Alpine to the NEW bt400 one thats made by parrot and it suppors alot more features(can stream pandora from phone to car radio, super nice feature) , and a lot more phones, but my samsung u900 would not pair with it. Cartoys says I need a new phone, blablabla.. So I got the BB8900 and works fine from the head unit an bt 400.

So what model BT did you get from Alpine? Alpine has compatibility charts for the phones... for what ever that means, my samsung was fully compatible with the bt400 but they would not work at all.

And does the 8130 support this?
    Ok I looked up the 400BT, and it does not look like it supports the 8130 at all
    looked up PMD-B200 which is what I had and none are listed. but I know all mine worked. So those charts do not say much.

Well ATT pearl phones will xfer the phone book to the 400bt... Looks like you can try and update the phone software/firmware/os and give it a shot

I cant post the link but the chart is on the Alpine website under the products then access.... bt400 youll see it
    05-24-09 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD