Hello!

Lately I have been having plenty of trouble sending MMS messages to both vzw and non-vzw clients.

When I try to send a MMS to a vzw customer, it only goes through half the time. Usually ill try to send the MMS, it will fail (I get the red X). Sometimes when I turn off my phone and pull the battery out and then turn the phone back on it will send it within the first few minutes of turning the phone back on it will send, but this only works about 50% of the time

When I try to send a MMs to a non-vzw customer it fails all the time. Even after a hard reset and a battery pull, the msg will not send.

I have tried to resend service books and re-register my device on the network, but neither has shown any degree of sucess.

I read along these forums that by sending a medium or small picture instead of a large will fix the problem, but this hasn't worked for me.

I heard about the workaroujds hy sending it as an email to the phone address, but I have found that this only occasionaly works and does not solve the problem, it is only a half-assed solution.

What gives vzw, why won't you allow us to send MMS msgs???

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks in advance

- Kiggold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 10:12 AM
    I have no trouble sending MMS messages, images, etc. Just tried it from my BlackBerry to a WinMo phone I am playing with. No, I am not talking to myself.

What it sounds like is that either you have a low free-memory issue or you're trying to send images that may be too large. For images, 640X480 is the least problematic, even though your BlackBerry camera defaults to larger. For video, there is an MMS Mode (176X144) which is acceptable for MMS, while the Normal (240X176) is not.

Smartphone to smartphone, you can sometimes fudge the settings a bit - but smartphone to dumbphone, you will fail on most attempts at sending something larger.

Check your free memory - you want it to be at least 12Mb & preferably more. Then check your image settings.

When sending within the same network, your success rate will be greater and you might be able to get away with some things that won't fly when sending to another network.

05-11-09 10:48 AM
    I have had the same problem with my wifes BB 8330.
    05-11-09 10:59 AM
    same form my sister's 8830. she has tons of free memory (over 20mb), and she can't receive or send mms.
    05-11-09 01:20 PM
    Had a friend with the same issue - he uninstalled Vlingo and it works fine. Are you running Vlingo?
    05-11-09 01:44 PM
    same form my sister's 8830. she has tons of free memory (over 20mb), and she can't receive or send mms.
    With the 8830, do you know which OS she has? I don't know about 4.5, but I do know previous OS releases did have some MMS issues.

05-11-09 02:18 PM
    Had a friend with the same issue - he uninstalled Vlingo and it works fine. Are you running Vlingo?
    Never had vlingo installed and I am using OS 4.5.0.89 w/ VZW

Just tried sending a MMS to a non-vzw customer, it was a normal resolution (640x480) with picture quality on its lowest (normal) and it did not go through...

This is so frustrating im starting to get gray hair over this!!
    05-11-09 04:04 PM
    Shut the radio off and then back on b4 u send it. Not a perfect fix but that's worked 4 me

05-11-09 04:08 PM
    With the 8830, do you know which OS she has? I don't know about 4.5, but I do know previous OS releases did have some MMS issues.

ahhh good idea. she's running 4.2 i believe, definitely not 4.5, since we were just talking about her upgrading to that. thanks!
    05-11-09 07:18 PM
    Has anyone else found a fix for this? Having the exact same issues, have done the exact same thing, same phone and netowrk. Dirving me nuts!
    05-20-09 02:51 PM

ahhh good idea. she's running 4.2 i believe, definitely not 4.5, since we were just talking about her upgrading to that. thanks!
    The OS has nothing to do with the 8830's MMS not working. Verizon has a block on all non-camera phones for MMS.
    MMS update
    Last edited by ediggity; 05-20-09 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added link
    05-20-09 03:11 PM
    The 8330 has a camera, so I don't believe its an issue of Verizon blocking non-camera phones (see thread title). I'm having the same issue, it works sometimes and not others.
    05-21-09 08:08 AM
    That's really wierd, because I have the same issue. I remember trying to send pics to a friend of mine for like 3 hrs straight, and not one time did they go through.

Just yesterday I tried to send my mom a pic and that wouldn't go through either.

I wonder how this issue can be resolved, or at least what the issue is.......
    05-27-09 12:26 PM
    Hey I had the same problem and had to upgrade to latest OS software versions and then contacted Sprint and they did something on their end after that no problem
    05-27-09 01:18 PM
    I've had the same problems since I got my 8330. Sometimes MMS doesn't work. Usually its in the mittle of some sort of data traffic (text coming in or push e-mail msg). THen when I start to send offmy MMS, I get the red X. So far battery pulls are the only way I been able to fix it. But its very very frustrating. Any solutions out there? Battery pulls take too long to fix something that seems to be so specific
    06-22-09 10:27 PM
    I had this same problem. If "Premium Text Messaging" is turned off, you cannot send MMS. Premium text messaging is when you subscribe to something by texting a company for ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Most of the time there is a monthly fee for these services that is in the fine print.

Call CS, and they should be able to fix it for you.
    06-23-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD