Hey guys - I am having an issue. My email address that I have hosted on my own site, and is my primary email address, wont hook up. The settings have not changed - email just stopped coming. I can go in and delete it, re add it, receive the "congratulations you have set up ..." but nothing. It WILL NOT receive new or existing email.

I even went into BIS and did "Detect settings from Outlook" (which receives email btw) and still nothing.

I then went and proved that the phone is not being blocked. I can get to my domain (jonkensy.com) and I even tethered the phone to my laptop, then opened outlook, and BAM I can get my email.

I just get no email delivered to the phone mailbox itself. Extremely frustrating!

What the **** is wrong??? My Outlook settings should work, they work on two different computers. I have tried time and again. I've wiped the handheld maybe 4 times now... frustrating, running latest OS... going to throw this thing.

Help!
    01-11-10 03:00 AM
    I would call VZW texh, let them know everything you did. For the record they may repeat some of the steps. At that point they may send you over RIM for their review, as they control the BIS and have additional resources to resolve the issue.
    01-11-10 03:21 AM
    did you check outlook to "leave a copy of message on server" ?
    That could be the issue... but then it could not... but its worth the look
    01-11-10 07:03 AM
    IMAP doesn't require that - its supposed to sync and get my existing email and new email but neither come thru, even if I leave Outlook closed.
    01-11-10 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD