Hi there!

A while back we bought the USB Modem from VZW and used that as our main internet. When we moved about 5 months ago, our community comes with free wi-fi, so we cancelled the service with Verizon.

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to a friend of mine and she's so upset because she lost her card, and I said - oh yeah I have one of those I'm not using, you can have it!

She was so happy - until she took it to the Verizon store and they won't activate because they told her it's STOLEN?!?

What can I do - do I call Verizon and tell them to free up the USB Modem so it can be used? The line is still open as with a 2 yr contract, we still are paying $10/mo for the new few months.

Thanks so much!
    06-08-09 08:49 PM
    So you converted it to a single line family share plan line to avoid the ETF? Is that where the 10 a month is coming from? If so there may have been something when you changed it that got messed up but if it's your modem that was from your line they should be able to make sure it's able to be activated on another line.
    06-08-09 09:16 PM
    So you converted it to a single line family share plan line to avoid the ETF? Is that where the 10 a month is coming from? If so there may have been something when you changed it that got messed up but if it's your modem that was from your line they should be able to make sure it's able to be activated on another line.
    Yes actually that's what the CSR on the line told us to do.

I just wasn't sure if this was their policy to lock it up until the contract date is out so no one else can use it. Or if they kept record of the equipment I used in the past if it's no longer used on the line.
    06-08-09 10:46 PM
    Yes actually that's what the CSR on the line told us to do.

I just wasn't sure if this was their policy to lock it up until the contract date is out so no one else can use it. Or if they kept record of the equipment I used in the past if it's no longer used on the line.

just give them a call and explain the situation they should be able to work it out..
    06-09-09 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD