I am very disappointed with Verizon & its service. I receive texts late all the time..anywho I am wondering how I can see how much it will cost to cancel and switch to At&T for the new iPhone 4. Thank you for the help.
    06-23-10 09:09 PM
    When did you enter into your current contract?
    06-23-10 09:18 PM
    I believe late February of this year.
    06-23-10 09:29 PM
    Look in your paperwork or online at your account, there should be an early termination fee amount and they will prorate that for the amount of time left on your current contract. You can also call verizon and they will tell you. They won't release your phone until the balance is paid though. Of course, while you are on the phone with verizon, you might ask for tech help on why your emails are having issues. It's not usually on the network, it is almost always an issue with your email. Try reinstalling them and doing a battery pull. Usually just the battery pull will fix it.
    06-23-10 09:30 PM
    You will regret going to att ! Their service is horrible compared to Verizon nothing but dropped calls and poor voice calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 09:45 PM
    I believe late February of this year.
    $350 minus $10 per month that you have completed in the contract
    06-23-10 09:49 PM
    WOW. Verizon is stupid for not getting the iphone...
    06-23-10 09:53 PM
    You will regret going to att ! Their service is horrible compared to Verizon nothing but dropped calls and poor voice calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dont be hater its all about ur area of courage i never have dropped call or even poor voicemail, sorry to get off topic but its mostly around 250-350 for the cancellation fee
    06-23-10 10:02 PM
    It isn't Verizon's fault 100% that they don't have the iPhone yet. It doesn't matter though, the iPhone wouldn't change the fact that you get late texts and that you aren't happy with your service.

Pay the ETF, and then move on to the carrier of your choice if you are not happy. Complaining about it here isn't going to change a thing.
    06-23-10 10:15 PM
    dont be hater its all about ur area of courage i never have dropped call or even poor voicemail, sorry to get off topic but its mostly around 250-350 for the cancellation fee
    My ETF is $175 when I renewed last July with the Tour. Check your account or call a CS rep.
    06-24-10 12:15 AM
    My ETF is $175 when I renewed last July with the Tour. Check your account or call a CS rep.
    That was last year. Now, for any smartphone and 3G multimedia devices entered in to new contracts this year have $350 etf. Dumb phones have $175.
    06-24-10 02:10 AM
    What does that garbage have to do with this thread?

Your complaint in your OP is about SERVICE.

The SERVICE won't be "different" with a different device.
    06-24-10 07:22 AM
    Have fun dropping calls like its your job. Obviously service differs from city to city, but my friends with iPhones drop calls all the time.. its ridiculous.

As for late night texts, if you're getting them from Verizon, you can call and tell them to stop.. and if its from random people, request your number be changed.

Oh and remember not to hold the iphone in your left hand, else you'll drop the call even faster.

Some iPhone 4 models dropping calls when held left-handed, including ours (video) -- Engadget
    Last edited by snork; 06-24-10 at 08:27 AM.
    06-24-10 08:24 AM
    They aren't late night texts.. I don't receive text messages until an hour later. & it all depends on your area because At&t has never had a problem in my area..
    06-24-10 01:51 PM
    They aren't late night texts.. I don't receive text messages until an hour later. & it all depends on your area because At&t has never had a problem in my area..
    It sounds like you know what you want to do. Pay the ETF (175-350) depending on your contract. And go. It's okay, no one really cares what carrier you're on or even what device you've got.
    06-24-10 02:00 PM
    The OP has a service issue.
    It has nothing to do with Verizon service per se, but everything to do with reception where he is.

If he is getting texts late it means his phone has no service. That will only change if the other provider has better coverage.
    06-24-10 02:24 PM
    The ETF for smart phones went up to $350 on November 14 2009. If you live in an area with poor coverage call Verizon and get them to open a trouble ticket for you to have the area checked. I did that with two lines on my account and was able to get them cancelled without having to pay the ETF which would have been $425 for both.
    06-24-10 02:42 PM
    Yeah there must be certain areas in the US that makes ATT great service vs Verizon
    06-29-10 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD