09-21-09 09:23 PM
74 123
tools
    You know you like the all-digital CDMA coverage revolution...

I SAID LIKE IT >:O
    06-23-09 04:43 PM
    You know you like the all-digital CDMA coverage revolution...

I SAID LIKE IT >:O
    You know I do - especially if you've seen my ramblings here.

CDMA is light-years ahead of GSM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 05:00 PM
    I thought i heard Verizon changed their price per minutes and texts. If they did then they have changed your contract from what you originally signed. That will let you get out without a ETF(early termination fee).
    06-24-09 03:25 AM
    ^^^^^

only if it effects you. so if they change the pay per use rate, then anyone who doesn't have a txt plan qualifies, but changing price plan doesn't mean anything, because you keep your old plan. the new plan is an option to change to, they don't change the plan.

same as how OS builds are. if it's changed, it has a new name/code/number, whatever...

so to get the new rate you have to change to the new plan...
    06-24-09 07:11 AM
    I doesn't matter. Your contract states they can change the price at any time with notification. Any trust me. They notified you. Don't believe me? Look at the back of one of your bills from the months prior to the change.

06-24-09 12:44 PM
    I doesn't matter. Your contract states they can change the price at any time with notification. Any trust me. They notified you. Don't believe me? Look at the back of one of your bills from the months prior to the change.

But that is for charges not under contract. The contracvted ones get grandfathered.

06-24-09 05:10 PM
    Oh great - another CDMA fanboy. In the VZW forum no less. Just what is this world coming to?

no, I actually think GSM is technically superior technology, SIM Cards make things easier, however, having used AT&T and looking at their maps, their coverage cannot compete with the CDMA carriers in the US especially on 3G, and its the same way with T-Mobile
    06-24-09 05:49 PM
    I thought i heard Verizon changed their price per minutes and texts. If they did then they have changed your contract from what you originally signed. That will let you get out without a ETF(early termination fee).

Here we go again.
    06-24-09 05:54 PM
    No it won't. The price for text packages haven't changed and even if they did you are not under contract for texting of any kind. You can add it today and take it off tomorrow. I have not seen any per minute changes but verizon doesn't change existing plans. They shut off access to plans when they decide to sunset them. If you have a $39 plan with 500 min and they decide they want to offer $44 plans with 650 minutes your plan and your price does not change unless you call to change it. Then if you change it you can't go back. And if you changed your price plan even once after taking the contract, you no longer can claim pricing plan changes as basis for anything.

So regardless of what you heard or thought you heard it is not a reason to get out of the etf. That is one of the reasons verizon has a squadron of lawyers and that is to make sure nothing is done to violate their side of the contract. If you think you know more than their legal department then have at it.

no, I actually think GSM is technically superior technology
    GSM is ancient compared to cdma. GSM roots are in old analog wavelengths while cdma is a military technology that requires processing power not commercially available until the late 20th century.

06-24-09 06:43 PM
    figures a DODGERS fan tries to come up with ways to get out of the contract...pfft. hey, good luck with that...
    06-24-09 06:50 PM
    i'm just kidding, i only wanted to hate on the dodgers, but i had to put it in context otherwise it was off topic

ROFL!

suck it, manny!
    06-24-09 06:51 PM
    i don't work there anymore.
    Where do you work, Patches? You seem to be in the know about a lot of blackberry stuff.

Anywho, as far as policy goes, my personal policy is to be honest to the customer. This does not necessarily always work in their favor, but at least they get the straight answer.

Example: Customer calls in to ask who they dialed last week.

"Yes, we can see the calls you made. No, I can't tell you who you called last week. Why? The FCC says so and I don't want to be arrested."

That usually ends it without fuss. Honesty really is the best policy, ya know? LOL
    06-24-09 07:29 PM
    when the economy bottomed out i went back to school to get a network security degree at a tech school where i live.

but my friends in various locations like to keep me in the know, and in exchange i buy them beer, and bring entertainment to millions of kids on the internet.
    06-24-09 07:55 PM
    figures a DODGERS fan tries to come up with ways to get out of the contract...pfft. hey, good luck with that...
    i'm just kidding, i only wanted to hate on the dodgers, but i had to put it in context otherwise it was off topic

ROFL!

===============

You know they say Dodgers fans bleed Dodger Blue, right? Blue is the color of oxygen-depleted blood. Oxygen-depleted blood causes brain damage. Blue represents an entitlement mindset, where personal responsibility is infrequently noted or non-existent. Blue is the color of old-lady hair, in their declining years, much nearer death. Isn't the main AT&T color mostly blue? Close to Dodger Blue?

What conclusion might we draw from this?

Red is the color of vibrance; of life. It is the color of fully oxygenated blood, which carries nutrients to a functioning & lively brain, to nourish it for extraordinary thought processes and logic. Red is the color of fiscal & moral conservatism & personal responsibility. Red is the haircolor of the feistiest & most alive of ladies. Red is also the color used by Verizon Wireless, aka Big Red.

Red=Personal integrity, honesty & life. Those who hold to red are most likely to live up to their promises, their word, their commitments, their contracts. Red can be trusted to follow through with what they said they'd do - they don't cancel an agreement - no matter how difficult or inconvenient.

Blue=Dodger Fans.

===============

suck it, manny!
    Ditto that. ;D

06-24-09 09:11 PM
    So what you're saying is, "go red sox"?

06-24-09 09:12 PM
    No, I think he saying the red is color of oxygenated blood as it leaves the body.
    06-24-09 09:43 PM
    So what you're saying is, "go red sox"?
    No, I think he saying the red is color of oxygenated blood as it leaves the body.
    Their Sox are red because their blood needs to leave their boby & soak them.

Much like that fake Schilling thing a few years back.

But don't push it - we have common ground on the Dodgers & on reneging agreements. Not much about Massachussetts I like, from the Chappaquiddick liar to the Red Sox.

06-24-09 10:03 PM
    That is not true, with Verizon you are pro-rated for your usage and will only pay the portion that you used.

As far as the ETF goes, you start out at $175 and for every full 30 days that you complete service it goes down by $5 a month. Depending on when you cancel your service you could save a bit, IE if your bill cycle is the 25th of the month and you waited to cancel it then another $5 would come off the bill.
    Yup, thats it.
    06-29-09 12:58 PM
    ===============

You know they say Dodgers fans bleed Dodger Blue, right? Blue is the color of oxygen-depleted blood. Oxygen-depleted blood causes brain damage. Blue represents an entitlement mindset, where personal responsibility is infrequently noted or non-existent. Blue is the color of old-lady hair, in their declining years, much nearer death. Isn't the main AT&T color mostly blue? Close to Dodger Blue?

Red is the color of vibrance; of life. It is the color of fully oxygenated blood, which carries nutrients to a functioning & lively brain, to nourish it for extraordinary thought processes and logic. Red is the color of fiscal & moral conservatism & personal responsibility. Red is the haircolor of the feistiest & most alive of ladies. Red is also the color used by Verizon Wireless, aka Big Red.

Red=Personal integrity, honesty & life. Those who hold to red are most likely to live up to their promises, their word, their commitments, their contracts. Red can be trusted to follow through with what they said they'd do - they don't cancel an agreement - no matter how difficult or inconvenient.

Blue=Dodger Fans.

===============

Ditto that. ;D

Hahah

Didn't even know I was being talked about till I checked my recent post to find something. Sorry if you guys took it the wrong way. I was just trying to inform him/she about what I heard.

Anyway who do you root for in baseball? If its the Red Sox, no hard feelings man. Manny has not been doing so great and all that steroids crap he got himself into is just sad. Don't say it was only in LA because Red Sox "Big Pappy" and Manny were both accused of taking steroids in that big 2003 list.

Anyway I hope to see the Red Sox in the future but I would rather much have a freeway series against the Angels! We are tied at 3-3 and all those games were exciting to watch. Now imagine the pressure of the World Series
    09-21-09 03:33 AM
    Enjoy all the benefits of AT&T's network, like static, echoing, dropped calls, poor 3G coverage, and bad voice coverage. As nice as the iPhone is, its not worth going to AT&T for, the Omnia II and the Storm 2 are coming out for Verizon soon, I will be getting one of them.

09-21-09 10:47 AM
    Hahah

Didn't even know I was being talked about till I checked my recent post to find something. Sorry if you guys took it the wrong way. I was just trying to inform him/she about what I heard.

Anyway who do you root for in baseball? If its the Red Sox, no hard feelings man. Manny has not been doing so great and all that steroids crap he got himself into is just sad. Don't say it was only in LA because Red Sox "Big Pappy" and Manny were both accused of taking steroids in that big 2003 list.

Anyway I hope to see the Red Sox in the future but I would rather much have a freeway series against the Angels! We are tied at 3-3 and all those games were exciting to watch. Now imagine the pressure of the World Series
    They weren't accused of taking steroids, they were found to have taken a banned performance enhancing substance which is not always steroids. In Ortiz's case, it was something he took OTC.

Manny was a NIGHTMARE with the Red Sox. He did well but still was a nightmare for the team and management. Glad he is doing better with the Dodgers. At least he's happy now. Obviously the Sox didn't need him or his drama.

I'm not a fan of Shilling. I think he should have retired after the '04 World Series but his bleeding ankle was real.
    09-21-09 01:15 PM
    They weren't accused of taking steroids, they were found to have taken a banned performance enhancing substance which is not always steroids. In Ortiz's case, it was something he took OTC.

Manny was a NIGHTMARE with the Red Sox. He did well but still was a nightmare for the team and management. Glad he is doing better with the Dodgers. At least he's happy now. Obviously the Sox didn't need him or his drama.

I'm not a fan of Shilling. I think he should have retired after the '04 World Series but his bleeding ankle was real.
    Yea sorry I forgot they were just calling it performance enhancing drugs and back then there wasn't a whole lot of drugs that were banned like there is today. Anyway Manny is just not the same after he came back from his suspension. I hope Joe Torre doesn't keep him in the line in the playoffs if he still can show his power. He gets on base but can't seem to wait long enough for a mistake or the pitch he wants like before. I don't want it to look like the steroids helped him with pitch location because he swings at bad pitches and watches good pitches just fly by.
    09-21-09 01:40 PM
    Enjoy all the benefits of AT&T's network, like static, echoing, dropped calls, poor 3G coverage, and bad voice coverage. As nice as the iPhone is, its not worth going to AT&T for, the Omnia II and the Storm 2 are coming out for Verizon soon, I will be getting one of them.

I can agree with you. I went to the dark side for about three-six months and even with the iPhone I couldn't put up with At&t and their service. Dropped a call every half hour or so and I live LA, CA.
    09-21-09 01:43 PM
    I currently have a blackberry storm, I do like it and wanted to switch over to the I phone which was dropped to 100 dollars. now I am under contract with verizon till Novemeber, I know there is a early termination fee, but I also heard that the closer you are to your termination, the cheaper it is to cancel. can anyone shine some light on this? thanks

I lol'd, and then did it again.
    09-21-09 09:23 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD