simple enough.
    06-15-09 07:26 PM
    customers get a choice:

cancel on demand, and you're prorated

future date, cancel effective last day of bill cycle

simple enough.
    Exactly thank you for helping out lol
    06-15-09 07:35 PM
    that's what i did when i worked for VZW too...help people summarize and make analogies to help educate stupid customers. lol. and now i volunteer my time to do it on the internet!!!

god, i hate my life
    06-15-09 07:38 PM
    customers get a choice:

cancel on demand, and you're prorated

future date, cancel effective last day of bill cycle

simple enough.
    Not if they're in contract they do not.

If you terminate your service as of the end of your minimum term, you won't be responsible for any remaining part of your monthly billing cycle. Otherwise, all terminations by you during a monthly billing cycle become effective on the last day of that billing cycle. You'll remain responsible for all fees and charges incurred until then and won't be entitled to any partialmonth credits or refunds.
    Customer Agreement
    06-15-09 07:43 PM
    That is not true, I should know considering I have worked for the company for 4 years now. Plus you can't legally charge someone for something they did not use as long as they get out of the contract under the guidelines, IE buying out a contract.

?? All disconnects happen at the end of the bill cycle.. The system allows you to terminate it early but bill through the end of the b/c. There are a few exceptions to this but for disco reason code JJ (which is what most people use) they will get billed until the end of their billcycle per VzW customer agreement, and their policies. Maybe you should read the agreement.
    06-15-09 07:44 PM
    people can escalate and bypass and disconnect NOW if they choose, but it isn't part of the customer agreement. it would be an exception. but it happens a lot. so it's still an option, you just gotta dig a bit for it
    06-15-09 07:48 PM
    people can escalate and bypass and disconnect NOW if they choose, but it isn't part of the customer agreement. it would be an exception. but it happens a lot. so it's still an option, you just gotta dig a bit for it
    It depends on the reason code you use. It's not like we can just change it. Most reason codes we would have to manually adjust it.
    06-15-09 07:51 PM
    i know that. that's what i did for over a year working there. i took escalations. especially the ones from tech support. i was delegated offline work to research and report back for AD and call center director escalations too. i know how the system works, and what limitations exist.

but there are always options. it might be more work, but doesn't mean it doesn't exist. that was my point.
    06-15-09 07:55 PM
    i know that. that's what i did for over a year working there. i took escalations. especially the ones from tech support. i was delegated offline work to research and report back for AD and call center director escalations too. i know how the system works, and what limitations exist.

but there are always options. it might be more work, but doesn't mean it doesn't exist. that was my point.
    Well yeah, I take escalations now. It's been great we actually get to tell the customers "No." now. . Verizon is really clamping down on OC&C's/exceptions. Also, we probably shouldn't be broadcasting that. We should be in line with our CA. IMO.
    06-15-09 07:56 PM
    i don't work there anymore.
    06-15-09 07:57 PM
    Psh. Make it harder for the rest of us.
    06-15-09 08:04 PM
    yes I was going to look more into it, anyways I started with verizon I belive 2 years ago around june or july, all I know is I am eligible for a new 2 year upgrade in november coming up, so how much would it cost to termimate my contract with about 5 months till my every 2 upgrade
    175.00 USD
    06-15-09 08:07 PM
    175.00 USD
    it starts at $175, and subtract 5 dollars for every month you complete...you can do the math
    06-15-09 08:12 PM
    It depends on the reason code you use. It's not like we can just change it. Most reason codes we would have to manually adjust it.
    If you suspend the line of service first then disconnect it, it will disconnect on demand instead of at the end of the bill cycle, no matter which code you use
    06-15-09 09:17 PM
    Hm. I'll have to try that.
    06-15-09 09:23 PM
    If you suspend the line of service first then disconnect it, it will disconnect on demand instead of at the end of the bill cycle, no matter which code you use
    That makes two of us. Good thing I do not disconnect all that much it is against my STI
    06-15-09 09:40 PM
    That makes two of us. Good thing I do not disconnect all that much it is against my STI
    True, I try to get people to disconnect on demand so I can escalate the call and have a supervisor disconnect it so it doesn't hit my disconnect percentage It didn't seem to matter before, but now
    06-15-09 09:45 PM
    ?? All disconnects happen at the end of the bill cycle.. The system allows you to terminate it early but bill through the end of the b/c. There are a few exceptions to this but for disco reason code JJ (which is what most people use) they will get billed until the end of their billcycle per VzW customer agreement, and their policies. Maybe you should read the agreement.
    Well considering I do end up doing on demand contracts all the time I know the agreement. I also have helped with many bills and know that they do not charge through the end of the cycle. I also know from personal experience considering employee's are now held to contracts and etf's as well, since I have done the same on the consumer side I know for a FACT that when you do a on demand cancel it is cancelled then and there. Answer me this, if we bill through the end of the cycle yet we do an on demand cancel why can't the customer use the phone when they leave the store???
    06-16-09 05:54 PM
    Well considering I do end up doing on demand contracts all the time I know the agreement. I also have helped with many bills and know that they do not charge through the end of the cycle. I also know from personal experience considering employee's are now held to contracts and etf's as well, since I have done the same on the consumer side I know for a FACT that when you do a on demand cancel it is cancelled then and there. Answer me this, if we bill through the end of the cycle yet we do an on demand cancel why can't the customer use the phone when they leave the store???
    The reason why the phone doesn't work is because there are two fields when you disconnect an account.

One says:

Disconnect Date: This can be changed to the current day.

The other one says:

Bill Through Date: Try using a different date if the customer if the customer is in contract.

Thats why the phone stops working, but the billing doesn't.
    06-16-09 06:36 PM
    The reason why the phone doesn't work is because there are two fields when you disconnect an account.

One says:

Disconnect Date: This can be changed to the current day.

The other one says:

Bill Through Date: Try using a different date if the customer if the customer is in contract.

Thats why the phone stops working, but the billing doesn't.
    x2, When you have the disconnect date as of today but the bill through date on their bill cycle date ( let's say 06/25/2009 ), the phone will go into a suspend status until 06/25/2009, then it will actually disconnect.
    06-16-09 08:05 PM
    Correct scurvy. Two points.
    06-16-09 08:11 PM
    Once you buy out of the contract, do you get to keep the phone? Can you call today and have them cancel the line on the last day of your billing cycle or do you have to wait?
    06-23-09 02:46 PM
    You can call in that B/C and they will disconnect it then. You would be able to keep the phone if you paid the ETF
    06-23-09 02:50 PM
    Who are you going to go to?

AT&T is ****, Sprint is ok, but not as good as Verizon, T-Mobile is ****, and Alltel got bought out.
    06-23-09 03:06 PM
    Who are you going to go to?

AT&T is ****, Sprint is ok, but not as good as Verizon, T-Mobile is ****, and Alltel got bought out.
    Oh great - another CDMA fanboy. In the VZW forum no less. Just what is this world coming to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 03:41 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD