09-21-09 09:23 PM
74 123
tools
    I currently have a blackberry storm, I do like it and wanted to switch over to the I phone which was dropped to 100 dollars. now I am under contract with verizon till Novemeber, I know there is a early termination fee, but I also heard that the closer you are to your termination, the cheaper it is to cancel. can anyone shine some light on this? thanks
    06-11-09 04:38 PM
    correct, the ETF is pro-rated as you get farther out from your original contract date. you'd have to check with VZW on how much.

you do know that the $100 iPhone is the 8G with no software update, right?
    06-11-09 04:41 PM
    yes I was going to look more into it, anyways I started with verizon I belive 2 years ago around june or july, all I know is I am eligible for a new 2 year upgrade in november coming up, so how much would it cost to termimate my contract with about 5 months till my every 2 upgrade
    06-11-09 05:00 PM
    its $5 a month so the the etf is $175 os it will be like $80 bucks but you can call and they tell you how much you have to pay
    06-11-09 07:00 PM
    Calling is the only way you'll know for sure. All anyone here can do is speculate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 07:03 PM
    yes I was going to look more into it, anyways I started with verizon I belive 2 years ago around june or july, all I know is I am eligible for a new 2 year upgrade in november coming up, so how much would it cost to termimate my contract with about 5 months till my every 2 upgrade
    If you started 2 years ago around June or July, how is your new upgrade not until November? That math just doesn't add up.
    06-11-09 07:51 PM
    for one thing the storm came out this past november..

so by my calculations if you even got it right off the bat..

your through november of 2010
    unless you only did a 1 year..
    06-12-09 02:23 AM
    It's none of my business but if you are bailing out from big red simply to get the iphone you will soon have a gun to your head when all you do is drop calls. You are 6-8 months away from the real possibility of a Verizon brand 4g model. At&t service is poor compared to big red to say nothing about the a**holes that you will deal with when you call in to at&t to address the dropped calls. Just my opinion, but I would really research this. Also research the digs that apple made about at&t during their WWDC earlier this week. Good luck.
    06-12-09 06:08 AM
    correct, the ETF is pro-rated as you get farther out from your original contract date. you'd have to check with VZW on how much.

you do know that the $100 iPhone is the 8G with no software update, right?
    The software update is free, except for iPod Touch users($9.99).
    06-12-09 10:51 AM
    Also expect a full months charges even if you cancel 1 day after your billing cycle restarts plus the ETF. So if you pay 108 a month you can expect to pay that bill weather you use it or not.
    06-12-09 06:32 PM
    The new iphone comes out on the 21st i think too
    06-12-09 06:33 PM
    The new iphone comes out on the 21st i think too
    Actually, then new phone 3g S comes out on the 19th. At&t at 7am and apple at 8am,
    according to cnet.com

06-12-09 06:45 PM
    Also expect a full months charges even if you cancel 1 day after your billing cycle restarts plus the ETF. So if you pay 108 a month you can expect to pay that bill weather you use it or not.
    That is not true, with Verizon you are pro-rated for your usage and will only pay the portion that you used.

As far as the ETF goes, you start out at $175 and for every full 30 days that you complete service it goes down by $5 a month. Depending on when you cancel your service you could save a bit, IE if your bill cycle is the 25th of the month and you waited to cancel it then another $5 would come off the bill.
    06-12-09 07:11 PM
    as a previous Bellsouth/cingular/Att customer I can say... STAY AWAY! they have HORRIBLE customer service!

I have been with Verizon for over 5 years and LOVE IT! Their service is GREAT! I only call maybe once every 4 months for a problem, if that often.

Stick with Verizon!
    06-13-09 02:23 AM
    That is not true, with Verizon you are pro-rated for your usage and will only pay the portion that you used.

As far as the ETF goes, you start out at $175 and for every full 30 days that you complete service it goes down by $5 a month. Depending on when you cancel your service you could save a bit, IE if your bill cycle is the 25th of the month and you waited to cancel it then another $5 would come off the bill.
    Also the minimum EFT one will pay after it starts to drop is $60.
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-13-09 at 09:23 AM.
    06-13-09 08:38 AM
    keep in mind that you are eligibile for your your 2yr upgrade 4mo prior to the true end of your contract. so if you are eligible for upgrade in nov your contract ends most likely in feb or mar
    06-13-09 09:09 AM
    Has anybody tried the bolt brower for bbs ? I have a 8330 from verzion. Any have trouble with track ball?
    06-13-09 03:24 PM
    Hmmmm... never tried it... dont think I've actually heard about it. where can I download it to try. I tried Opera Mini.. didnt like... just keep in mind Verizon doesnt support these browsers. But anything I can try to help support here is great.
    06-13-09 03:45 PM
    Incorrect. Your contract is terminated on the last day of your bill cycle, so if you cancel/port out at the start of the cycle you are billed until the end - whether you use it or not.
    06-13-09 04:18 PM
    Hate to say it, but my iphone 3g doesn't drop calls anymore. I have perfect 3g coverage in Central NJ and wi-fi in my house. As much as I love BBs and hate to sound like a troll, right at this moment in time my iphone is far more reliable call-wise than my Storm. Fire away!!!
    06-13-09 04:22 PM
    Hate to say it, but my iphone 3g doesn't drop calls anymore. I have perfect 3g coverage in Central NJ and wi-fi in my house. As much as I love BBs and hate to sound like a troll, right at this moment in time my iphone is far more reliable call-wise than my Storm. Fire away!!!
    I hear you!!! That is why I now use the .90 radio, I would have switched to att but it would cost me $100 more at least every month, everyone I know has verizon, and I get a discount with verizon only (not available to me from att).

I really wanted the new iPhone 3g s too, just can not afford att!!!
    06-13-09 04:32 PM
    And I hate to say it, as I despise Apple & touchsceen, but the iPhone is better than any BlackBerry - especially the Storm.

Now fire away.

06-13-09 04:50 PM
    why not just call VZW and ask them? we won't be able to give you any details or suggestions without seeing your account or you giving us the info.

i love how it's

1)CB

2)VZW

even when you're asking about non-berry info. wtf?
    06-13-09 09:28 PM
    It's actually a good idea in some situations. One of my friends had a family share plan on Verizon Wireless, and ported out to AT&T, and called Verizon and forced them to disconnect his lines "on demand" after his port was completed. Well, he got a bill for over $500, come to find out, he and his family share were only about 5 days into their bill cycle, and due to the prorated minutes for canceling on demand, they had over $300 in overage minutes.... Whereas if he would have just paid for the regular month charge it would've been around $170.
    06-14-09 06:58 PM
    Incorrect. Your contract is terminated on the last day of your bill cycle, so if you cancel/port out at the start of the cycle you are billed until the end - whether you use it or not.
    That is not true, I should know considering I have worked for the company for 4 years now. Plus you can't legally charge someone for something they did not use as long as they get out of the contract under the guidelines, IE buying out a contract.
    06-15-09 08:24 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD