I recently lost my (salary) job and in an attempt to save, I wanted to keep my curve, but get rid of teh data package. I searched for answers, talked to a few friends and everyone I spoke to said this was possible. When I called Verizon they said no. Any real answers or suggestions?
    01-26-09 11:48 AM
    I believe it is possible.

Hate to hear you lost your job... better things will come your way.
    01-26-09 11:52 AM
    From what I understand the data plan is a requirement on verizon with a blackberry
    01-26-09 11:53 AM
    It is not a possibility. Sorry to hear about your job.
    01-26-09 11:59 AM
    I recently lost my (salary) job and in an attempt to save, I wanted to keep my curve, but get rid of teh data package. I searched for answers, talked to a few friends and everyone I spoke to said this was possible. When I called Verizon they said no. Any real answers or suggestions?
    A friend of mine on Telus did just that... so it would appear to be a matter of policy.
    01-26-09 12:03 PM
    My boyfriend just spoke to someone at his local verizon store and we found out that Verizon made a data package mandatory last year because people were racking up large bills, so they stopped making a data plan optional. Guess I found my answer- it's going to be really tough giving my BB up- but i"ll have it ready for when it can be reactivated. Thanks for getting back to my question so quickly, I really appreciate it.
    01-26-09 12:18 PM
    It varies from carrier to carrier. Verizon, I was told, does not allow it if you have a BB on the account.
    01-26-09 12:18 PM
    My boyfriend just spoke to someone at his local verizon store and we found out that Verizon made a data package mandatory last year because people were racking up large bills, so they stopped making a data plan optional. Guess I found my answer- it's going to be really tough giving my BB up- but i"ll have it ready for when it can be reactivated. Thanks for getting back to my question so quickly, I really appreciate it.

Try Alltel...might be able to slide through
    01-26-09 12:24 PM
    Just learned something myself... didn't know Verizon did that.
    01-26-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD