This was triggered by a question I saw elsewhere.

I've never had insurance but now am wondering...

Since this tour replacement BOLD is brand new could I sign up for insurance or does it have to be a newly purchased device?
    06-24-10 04:00 PM
    No. You can only add insurance to a purchased phone. Since you didn't pay for it, you can not add it. Insurance would have to be on there when you bought the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 04:29 PM
    No. You can only add insurance to a purchased phone. Since you didn't pay for it, you can not add it. Insurance would have to be on there when you bought the Tour.

Any device sold by Verizon can get insurance I have done this in the past just call them and they will add it for you.

06-25-10 06:15 AM
    Any device sold by Verizon can get insurance I have done this in the past just call them and they will add it for you.

supermario28 is rarely wrong, and he is definitely not wrong on this one.

You have to add the insurance premium within 30 days of PURCHASING a phone from vzw.

If you buy the tour in September and sign up for insurance within 30 days, then get it replaced by verizon with a bold due to stock issue several months down the road, the bold will be insured as long as you've had the premium since september. however, if you did not sign up for insurance on the tour within 30 days of buying it, your bold will not be eligible for insurance.
    06-30-10 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD