08-24-10 11:15 PM
32 12
tools
    if i order a new phone online can i charge it to my acct?

thanks
    08-10-10 10:16 AM
    You can't if you order online; however, if you place your order with a rep on the phone, sometimes you can have the phone billed.

When I got my Storm 1 I had to call customer service because the website was heavily bogged down because of the launch, and the lady I talked to let me bill the price of the phone to my account. I had to pay a little money up front, but I don't remember what it was for. Might have been the activation, or enough to zero out my balance with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 10:44 AM
    Ummm ^^^^ WRONG!
    You can bill to the account on the payment screen when ordering your phone. The only way that option will not show up is if your account is new (under 6 months), your account required a deposit and you are under 12 months or your account is past due.
    08-10-10 01:08 PM
    I never pay cash or credit card; new phones are always billed to my account.
    Storm 1, Storm 2, Droid X, etc....
    08-10-10 04:15 PM
    I always have phones billed to my account. Had my Droid X billed 3 weeks ago.
    08-10-10 10:56 PM
    I always bill the new phones to my account. If there's a rebate sometimes I have the rebate back before my bill is due.
    08-11-10 12:54 AM
    I have always had mine billed as well. I should have my rebate soon and will use it on my bill. I wish they just did the discount without a rebate. I know online they give it automatically but I prefer to go to the store. And last time I had inquired about online we couldn't bill it online and my credit is excellent with Verizon.
    08-11-10 12:58 AM
    Ummm ^^^^ WRONG!
    You can bill to the account on the payment screen when ordering your phone. The only way that option will not show up is if your account is new (under 6 months), your account required a deposit and you are under 12 months or your account is past due.
    My 2 year contract is almost up, I didn't have to put down a deposit & my account was never past due. I couldn't bill the Droid X to my account online. I even called to order over the phone and the rep told me that I couldn't bill the Droid X to my account either??

Why couldn't I bill the phone to my account??
    08-11-10 07:49 PM
    How many lines do you have?

08-11-10 08:14 PM
    How many lines do you have?

Just 1 line for myself. I heard a lot of people doing this so I thought I would give it a try but I was denied.
    08-11-10 08:23 PM
    Ive billed new devices to my account when ordering online.

08-11-10 08:26 PM
    Just 1 line for myself. I heard a lot of people doing this so I thought I would give it a try but I was denied.
    Was your order more then 250 dollars?

08-11-10 08:30 PM
    Was your order more then 250 dollars?

$251.56 to be exact lol....
    08-11-10 09:23 PM
    $251.56 to be exact lol....
    Thats why. With total cost and tax, you can not bill more than 250 on a single line.

08-11-10 09:30 PM
    Thats why. With total cost and tax, you can not bill more than 250 on a single line.

Well I tried adding a line to my account to get the Droid 2 for my wife. The total price of the phone with tax and promotional code came out to $197 and I am still not able to bill it to my account online???
    08-12-10 02:14 AM
    Well I tried adding a line to my account to get the Droid 2 for my wife. The total price of the phone with tax and promotional code came out to $197 and I am still not able to bill it to my account online???
    Ahhhh shucks
    08-12-10 02:23 AM
    Ahhhh shucks
    I know lol......
    08-12-10 02:33 AM

How did you say it? Oh yeah...

"WRONG ^^^^" They changed the BTA amount like a month ago since most of our new phones cost more than 250.

Next time you look at a customers account that is eligible to bill to their account, look at the amount that they can bill.

The only reason you wouldnt be able to is if you were hotlined within 6 months. Your bill can be past due, you just couldnt have been without service due to not paying it on time.
    Last edited by itsthemusic; 08-12-10 at 10:30 AM.
    08-12-10 10:28 AM

"WRONG ^^^^" They changed the BTA amount like a month ago since most of our new phones cost more than 250.

Next time you look at a customers account that is eligible to bill to their account, look at the amount that they can bill.

The only reason you wouldnt be able to is if you were hotlined within 6 months. Your bill can be past due, you just couldnt have been without service due to not paying it on time.

Hate to do this to ya.. but wrong ^^^^ ..

The $250 was increased only for people who wanted to cancel their incredible pre-order and order a differend device. Other than that, the $250/line remains in place.

Anyone can bill to the account unless one of the following is true:

• An account with less than six months of service.
    • Cash only accounts (currently or in the past six months).
    • Customers who have a security deposit.
    • Accounts exceeding $24.99 in the 30 day or greater past due buckets.
    • Related past-due accounts (system checks for accounts based on Social Security Number and Customer ID.
    • Non-payment hotlines, fraud hotlines or suspends (at time of BTA request or within the past six months).
    • Includes related non-payment disconnects, fraud disconnects or write-off accounts that are outstanding.
    • Suspends and/or hotlines (at time of BTA request or within the past six months).
    • Includes:
    • Non-Payment
    • First Payment Default
    • Bankruptcy
    • Fraud
    • Outstanding Write-off Accounts
08-12-10 05:50 PM

Ummm wrong^^^^^ its still only 250 unless they are canceling their Incredible preorder and getting something else. Thanks though.

08-12-10 05:52 PM
    Hate to do this to ya.. but wrong ^^^^ ..

The $250 was increased only for people who wanted to cancel their incredible pre-order and order a differend device. Other than that, the $250/line remains in place.

Anyone can bill to the account unless one of the following is true:

• An account with less than six months of service.
    • Cash only accounts (currently or in the past six months).
    • Customers who have a security deposit.
    • Accounts exceeding $24.99 in the 30 day or greater past due buckets.
    • Related past-due accounts (system checks for accounts based on Social Security Number and Customer ID.
    • Non-payment hotlines, fraud hotlines or suspends (at time of BTA request or within the past six months).
    • Includes related non-payment disconnects, fraud disconnects or write-off accounts that are outstanding.
    • Suspends and/or hotlines (at time of BTA request or within the past six months).
    • Includes:
    • Non-Payment
    • First Payment Default
    • Bankruptcy
    • Fraud
    • Outstanding Write-off Accounts
  • Ummm wrong^^^^^ its still only 250 unless they are canceling their Incredible preorder and getting something else. Thanks though.

Perhaps its a regional thing, but here in the midwest its been increased for everyone. It may only be for a period of time, but anyone(eligible to BTA) for any reason can bill more to their account. "Thanks though"
    08-13-10 04:39 PM
    Like 0
    I remember back in November or December 09 I was able to charge my storm 2 to my account when I went to the store. I think it was $279.99 plus tax, and they charged the whole thing to it.
    Tonight I upgraded my husbands phone online, and it gave me an option to bill to my account. Of course I was getting the bold and he had the new every two, so it was only $50.
    08-14-10 11:23 PM
    I ordered a bold 9650 at full retail and charged it to my account. The guy on the phone seemed surprised it went through but it did.
    08-15-10 10:51 PM
    i've been able to do that since i made one year with big red 2 years ago...both phones and accessories
    08-16-10 12:16 PM
    the limit definitely isnt 250.00 i just charged a droid x @ full retail on my account via online
    It's only the limit for a single line plan.

08-16-10 05:45 PM
  • 32 12
    LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD