10-20-09 01:12 PM
43 12
tools
    this thread is going downhill fast, I think that the answer was said awhile ago, and personal opinions should probably kept to a minimum.

Honestly, no one looks like they took the high road.
    10-19-09 01:03 PM
    Bottom line is no a vzw rep cannot tell you why besides its just a different discount.
    10-19-09 01:06 PM
    It'll be closed any minute now anyway, with good reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 01:20 PM
    Prob not actually...
    10-19-09 01:26 PM
    You are a jackass. What do you do flip burgers and burger king? You have no idea what we do. You should be thank ful that soldiers including myself fight for you and this country. ****

Yea, we are thankful that someone else does it, i went a different route with my education. Eventhough thats not what i do for a living lol. I respect our military but not that kind of attitude.
    10-19-09 04:29 PM
    Because a VZW rep didn't say to.
    HA! I laughed. Im glad im not the only one that noticed he ends everything he says with "thats what a vzw rep told me"
    10-19-09 04:30 PM
    Being in the local LE field, I find that I do get discounts here and there handed out just because of what I do....however I don't go out of my way to ask for them. I find that immoral, and against agency policy...
    I chose this profession for me, it wasn't thrust upon me and do it honorably.
    10-19-09 04:37 PM
    I was making a point. This isn't a heroism contest. The point was that there are many "heros" who don't get jack for a discount, and some do. It has nothing to do with the merits of your job, it has to do with their contract with VZW.

The OP has shown his true nature, any sympathy I might have had dropped to zero.
    What a lot of you don't know is there is a reason we get a discount. For the same reason that lots of other people get discounts. To all senior leadership they are given Blackberry's to keep up with most of their decision making, and instant notifications of things. Like first sergeants who are on call 24/7. Basically we get the discount b/c just in my base here we have about a 5000.00 bill a month, and that's just the small amount of blackberry's on base I handle. The discount isn't for our heroism, but the amount of money the military give's Verizon monthly.

Thanks for smashing us in the ground though makes me hold my head up higher.
    10-19-09 04:39 PM
    I did not make any comment towards the nature of your job.

10-19-09 04:54 PM
    What a lot of you don't know is there is a reason we get a discount. For the same reason that lots of other people get discounts. To all senior leadership they are given Blackberry's to keep up with most of their decision making, and instant notifications of things. Like first sergeants who are on call 24/7. Basically we get the discount b/c just in my base here we have about a 5000.00 bill a month, and that's just the small amount of blackberry's on base I handle. The discount isn't for our heroism, but the amount of money the military give's Verizon monthly.

Thanks for smashing us in the ground though makes me hold my head up higher.
    I did not make any comment towards the nature of your job, which has nothing to do with your discount.

10-19-09 04:56 PM
    Anyone who trashes our military should be taken out back and shot along with all the other America haters.
    10-19-09 09:19 PM
    No one trashed the military, or any other profession.
    10-19-09 09:22 PM
    Weird, when I signed up they told me military gets 25% discount, lol. Maybe it's about who you talk to?
    10-19-09 11:22 PM
    HA! I laughed. Im glad im not the only one that noticed he ends everything he says with "thats what a vzw rep told me"
    It is an inane cop-out, isn't it? I find it silly & childish - like someone still hasn't gotten the Planet Feedback chip off their shoulder.

Anyway - in response to the above, I believe the discount is 15%. That is what my son would get if he wasn't on my accounts.

10-20-09 12:16 AM
    I ve called and complained and they said its 9%

In my experience with getting it fixed, going into a store is a little easier as long as you don't get a tool helping you. I had a similar issue with the discount, but it was fixed to 15% when I went in there.
    10-20-09 10:23 AM
    Yes, its 15%. Its a solid discount given to members of the military. I do somewhat disagree that McDonalds employees get a bigger discount but that is just the contract that was put in place.
    10-20-09 12:36 PM
    Blame the Government.
    10-20-09 12:40 PM
    I am a strong supporter of the military, but still don't believe that military personnel deserve a discount that others do not. You've volunteered for this job and you made this choice. Private companies should not have to give you a discount for this any more than I'd expect a discount for being a paramedic or cop.

I might sound like a jackass but I just think you should be thankful for getting a discount at all. Lots of hard working Americans don't get ****.

Any large organization can set up a contract with any of the carriers to receive discounts. It all depends on how many people from your corporation use that carrier and how much they spend on an annual basis.
    It has nothing to do with a "Military" discount even though you are so ignorant and think that is the reason why.

I get 19% on voice and 20% on data through my company.
    Last edited by yacoby54; 10-20-09 at 01:27 PM.
    10-20-09 01:12 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD