10-20-09 02:12 PM
43 12
tools
    Can a vzw rep tell me why Verizon only offers a 9% discount for being in the military?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 09:10 PM
    Can a vzw rep tell me why Verizon only offers a 9% discount for being in the military?!?

It's not 9%, it's 15%. If your in the military and only getting 9% you should call them up and get it corrected.
    10-18-09 09:13 PM
    I ve called and complained and they said its 9%

10-18-09 09:29 PM
    It's 15%. You have to validate it via your ".mil" email address. You can do it from their web-site.
    Enter your location

In addition to the access discount, you should be able to get 12% discount on all features.
    Last edited by Gawain; 10-18-09 at 09:32 PM.
    10-18-09 09:30 PM
    They have everything my ako email and all. And thanks I did not know about the additional 12.

10-18-09 09:35 PM
    Military only gets 15%?? I get 20% off when I use my work email address
    10-18-09 09:49 PM
    They have everything my ako email and all. And thanks I did not know about the additional 12.

What I would do, is validate through the web-site, check your AKO, click on the link they send you and then check your plan on "My Verizon". When you sign in, there should be a notation along with upper links that says: "Government of the United States"

Check your plan, and it should at the very least indicate an access discount of 15%. Don't bother with the telephone reps. If it's still not working out, go to a store. If you're near one of the bigger Army posts, the reps in these stores will know the deal for sure, and they will probably be able to help get you set up.
    10-18-09 10:07 PM
    Better than zero percent...

10-18-09 10:33 PM
    Military only gets 15%?? I get 20% off when I use my work email address
    These are negotiated discounts.

Your government at work.

10-18-09 10:47 PM
    I am a strong supporter of the military, but still don't believe that military personnel deserve a discount that others do not. You've volunteered for this job and you made this choice. Private companies should not have to give you a discount for this any more than I'd expect a discount for being a paramedic or cop.

I might sound like a jackass but I just think you should be thankful for getting a discount at all. Lots of hard working Americans don't get ****.
    10-18-09 11:32 PM
    I am a strong supporter of the military, but still don't believe that military personnel deserve a discount that others do not. You've volunteered for this job and you made this choice. Private companies should not have to give you a discount for this any more than I'd expect a discount for being a paramedic or cop.

I might sound like a jackass but I just think you should be thankful for getting a discount at all. Lots of hard working Americans don't get ****.
    Lots of hardworking Americans don't get shot at.
    10-19-09 09:16 AM

Where I live all local govt employees get the 15% (police, firefighters, etc)...I think its a nice way to reward people who risk their lives for us everyday

10-19-09 09:39 AM

You are a jackass. What do you do flip burgers and burger king? You have no idea what we do. You should be thank ful that soldiers including myself fight for you and this country. ****

10-19-09 09:41 AM
    A lot of hard working Americans sell drugs, rip people off & are into prostitution. A few not-so-hard-working Americans fake small children in runaway balloon stories.

But that is not the point. What is the point is that VZW gives military, police & firefighters a discount of 15% without negotiation. Private enterprise negotiates discounts in exchange for their business. The US Government could negotiate higher discounts, but they don't. The US Government could also negotiate lower prices for government contracts, but they often don't.

When it comes to discounts, these are incentives a company gives in exchange for something. The minute you start giving discounts across the board, with nothing in return, it is no longer a discount.

There are some folks who think military & other public service folks should get higher discounts than anyone else - emotionally, you can count me as one of those folks - but realistically, this cannot happen. Where does one stop? Do we make it free? Do we give free cars, houses, groceries?

Do convenience stores give blanket discounts to military members for coffee? Do grocery stores discount food? Do car companies give 30% off on a new car? How about CATV providers?

There is a difference between hard-working & honorable. Those who are honorable want to pay their own way, without handouts. The US Military is full of hard-working people who are also honorable. Not 100% of them, mind you, but the vast majority.

We would be better off emulating the honorable & not the whiners.

10-19-09 09:58 AM
    You are a jackass. What do you do flip burgers and burger king? You have no idea what we do. You should be thank ful that soldiers including myself fight for you and this country. ****

As a recently retired veteran, I kind of regret helping you out if that's how you're going to respond to people who clearly don't get it.

You (and I) are part of a distinct 1%, and no other vocation has a clue what it's like when we "really get to work". Suck it up. Not everyone gets it. Let us know if you were able to validate everything on line.
    10-19-09 10:17 AM
    Lots of hardworking Americans don't get shot at.
    Volunteer firefighters walk into burning buildings with no pay, and they don't get a discount.

10-19-09 10:20 AM
    Volunteer firefighters walk into burning buildings with no pay, and they don't get a discount.

Yeah well I guess firefighters get to come home at the end of their day. The ones going on tours in the military are gone for months to over a year at a time. They get **** for pay and devote their life to what they do.

I respect firefighters and cops, but really guys.. How many military personnel has this country lost in our history compared to the other "heroic jobs".

The op asked a simple question, but as usual you have the select smart *** people making the same smart *** comments. Mccrackin and bluerskys why?

10-19-09 11:10 AM
    Yeah well I guess firefighters get to come home at the end of their day. The ones going on tours in the military are gone for months to over a year at a time. They get **** for pay and devote their life to what they do.

I respect firefighters and cops, but really guys.. How many military personnel has this country lost in our history compared to the other "heroic jobs".

The op asked a simple question, but as usual you have the select smart *** people making the same smart *** comments. Mccrackin and bluerskys why?

I was making a point. This isn't a heroism contest. The point was that there are many "heros" who don't get jack for a discount, and some do. It has nothing to do with the merits of your job, it has to do with their contract with VZW.

The OP has shown his true nature, any sympathy I might have had dropped to zero.
    10-19-09 11:21 AM
    So why couldn't you make it a point to contribute an answer to the question?

10-19-09 11:34 AM
    Because a VZW rep didn't say to.
    10-19-09 11:37 AM

I did contribute my answer. Because its what is in the contract between the federal government and VZW.

10-19-09 12:21 PM
    Better than zero percent...

That is not contribution to the op's issue. They had a question why their discount was 9% and not 15%. You have yet to explain the difference. So really your point is to not make a point and see how many smart *** answers you can come up with at any given time.

10-19-09 12:38 PM
    The OP never asked why it wasn't 15%. They asked why it was only 9. Stop making a cut and dry issue into an emotional one.

10-19-09 12:45 PM
    No emotional issues here - just pointing out your obvious personality flaws.

10-19-09 01:12 PM
    No emotional issues here - just pointing out your obvious personality flaws.

This is not a thread dedicated to my "emotional flaws". If you would like to discuss that, we can go to a Yahoo! message board.

10-19-09 01:42 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD