My grandson is returning from Iraq and has used ATT as his carrier in the Fort Polk area ////// Will Verizon help me flash my BB curve so he could use it with ATT at his base? Can this be done or do I need to find him a ATT curve?
    Would appreciate any help and Happy Fathers's Day to all

Is this Country Great or What
    Sonny
    06-20-09 03:58 PM
    just get an unlock code for it and you can then use it on any network but you have to make sure you release the pin so he can register in his BIS acct.
    06-20-09 04:00 PM
    It won't work because Verizon is CDMA and ATT is GSM. You might be able to flash the Curve to Alltel/Sprint since they are CDMA though.

Here is the technologies that the carriers use:

CDMA: VERIZON, SPRINT

GSM: ATT, TMOBILE
    06-20-09 04:29 PM
    GSM needs SIM cards to work... In CDMA phones you don't have any space to put it in... So it is impossible
    06-20-09 04:32 PM
    GSM needs SIM cards to work... In CDMA phones you don't have any space to put it in... So it is impossible
    not always. storms can be done.
    06-20-09 04:44 PM
    The Storm as a GSM side and CDMA side. The Curve doesn't.
    06-20-09 04:49 PM
    do I need to find him a ATT curve?
    Yes, you need to find him an AT&T Curve, or a GSM Curve like T-Mobile and get it unlocked to be used on AT&T.

As mentioned, a Verizon Curve is incompatible with AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 05:21 PM
    just get an unlock code for it and you can then use it on any network but you have to make sure you release the pin so he can register in his BIS acct.
    Incorrect.
    06-20-09 05:26 PM
    not always. storms can be done.
    The Storm does have a place for SIM cards because it is a world phone that has the radio built in for GSM frequencies. The Curve doesn't.

A VZW phone can only be used on VZW.
    A Sprint phone can only be used on Sprint
    TMO and ATT phones can be unlocked and used on each other networks.
    06-20-09 05:29 PM
    You have to find him an ATT Curve, and to be honest these days they sell for pretty cheap - $49? Check out eBay or Craigslist...always folks upgrading and selling their barely used BlackBerrys
    06-20-09 05:37 PM
    thanks for all the infor and will forward him the info and he will decide for me to get him a AT&T curve and I can sell my verizon on Fleabay..Again thanks for all the info and you have helped a 67 year old retiree help his grandson
    Is This Country Great or What
    06-21-09 05:34 PM
    Im sure someone on the "Marketplace" forums would be up for a GSM Curve trade for a CDMA Curve.

Anything in support of our troops.
    06-21-09 07:25 PM
    I have a AT&T curve that I would be willing to trade for a Verizon blackberry.
    07-29-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD