Hi
    I've been offered a brand new at&t phone that has never been activated & I'm wondering if there's anyway to have it turned onto my verizon service? I've read about unlocking phones but if the phone is not activated I figure I probably can't call the service provider to ask for the unlock code. Anybody got any ideas?
    04-03-09 05:01 PM
    no not possible att uses gsm radios verizon is cdma
    04-03-09 05:05 PM
    Exactly. Two totally different technologies.
    04-03-09 05:13 PM
    Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-03-09 05:49 PM
    Just to add, Verizon won't even let other CDMA carriers' phones on the vzw network. There's been talk of opening it up, but doubtful that will happen any time soon.
    04-03-09 05:51 PM
    Even if it could, why would you want too? A phone coming from AT&T's network probably wouldn't perform very well because it is so accustomed to dropping calls!
    04-03-09 05:53 PM
    Then why is the VZW guy always saying "Can you hear me now?" I swear everywhere he goes he's getting crappy reception.."Hey you there? Hello? Let me go stand somewhere else, can you hear me now?" :-p

04-03-09 10:38 PM
    Wow I did not mean to start a VZW vs. ATT battle! But since I did let me say that my vzw reception is bangin' I don't ever drop calls. I don't WANT to switch to an att phone (I'm loyal to my berry!) but I was offered a brand new free one & I thought mayb I could keep it as a backup.
    Last edited by breakmythumbs; 04-15-09 at 12:07 AM.
    04-04-09 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD