When my boyfriends plan runs out, we are getting a family plan for us. We both have have blackberries, or at least will have smartphones in the same category. Do we get charged 30 dollars for each blackberry, or just one over all charge? And would a texting plan apply to both phones, or would we have to get two?

I think that that is really where I am confused. Sorry if this has been asked before. I have my own plan on Verizon right now. He is currently on a family plan still with his Mom, but he is the only one with a Blackberry, so I can't ask her how it works.
    02-23-10 11:36 PM
    Except for talk minutes, everything else is per phone so each smartphone will have their own $30 data plan. Also, text plans will be for the individual phone.

Also, a little unsolicited advice, DON'T! Family Plans should be used only for family and then only for family that you can trust. Don't ever put a boy/girl friend on your FP. You'll live to regret it. Let him stay on the mom's plan. Makes the breakup cleaner.
    02-23-10 11:44 PM
    Except for talk minutes, everything else is per phone so each smartphone will have their own $30 data plan. Also, text plans will be for the individual phone.

Also, a little unsolicited advice, DON'T! Family Plans should be used only for family and then only for family that you can trust. Don't ever put a boy/girl friend on your FP. You'll live to regret it. Let him stay on the mom's plan. Makes the breakup cleaner.
    LMFAO. that was mean. llol
    02-23-10 11:46 PM
    Mean, but realistic.
    02-24-10 12:25 AM

DON'T do it you will end up on Judge Judy.
    02-24-10 12:33 AM
    qft

10char
    02-24-10 12:41 AM
    Yeah don't do it.. i did and guess who paid the ETF when we broke up.. this guy. Ugh.
    02-24-10 12:44 AM
    My girlfriend and I are on a family talk & text plan with two BlackBerries. I pay the plan price of $99.99, $9.99 for her line and $29.99 for each lines BlackBerry plan. I also get a discount through my work so its not too bad.
    02-24-10 05:37 AM
    I agree...we had some friends on my wife and my family plan...it got sticky when they hit divorced...I paid their ETFs just to end the madness. I wouldn't do it. Just keep it sepprate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 07:57 AM
    It all depends on the situation, we all know that. She knows better than anyone if they are ready to be on a plan together. OP the answer to your question is two posts up!
    02-24-10 08:50 AM
    It definitely depends on the situation, as my wife and I were on a family plan with my mom and her mom (my plan, had them all on it.) while we were still just dating. We never have had any issues. Her mom has since been transferred to my wife's sisters plan, but otherwise, it's still the same.

Now, on topic, yes you do have to pay for each blackberry service and texting plan, which kinda sucks, as they should have some kind of family smartphone plan, that would charge say, $45 for 2 phones on a family plan, and $15 for each phone thereafter. I'm sure it would attract more people to the smartphones rather than the dumbphones. My bill for our 2 8330's and my moms EnV, with the $5 text plans on the 2 berries is right around $170 each month. We also only use the 700 minute family share plan, as we don't actually talk on the phones too much, and the people we do talk to all have verizon, so it's free.
    02-24-10 09:16 AM
    As stated above, each blackberry will need the min 29.99 data plan. The texting for both can be covered under the new talk/text plans which would be unlimited on both for $30 more than the normal voice plan or each phone can have an individual texting package if you don't text much.
    02-24-10 09:24 AM
    When my boyfriends plan runs out, we are getting a family plan for us. We both have have blackberries, or at least will have smartphones in the same category. Do we get charged 30 dollars for each blackberry, or just one over all charge? And would a texting plan apply to both phones, or would we have to get two?

I think that that is really where I am confused. Sorry if this has been asked before. I have my own plan on Verizon right now. He is currently on a family plan still with his Mom, but he is the only one with a Blackberry, so I can't ask her how it works.
    Considering you are willing to except full responsibility for his line, you can add his line to the account, get a Familyshare plan, have the allowance you need and just add on the BB data plan for 30 bucks each.
    02-24-10 09:24 AM

The only plus is some times you can get away a little cheaper with your texting plan if you have more people on unlimited that is how it worked out for my Family Plan.

+1 for your second point.
    02-24-10 09:36 AM
    One caveat I would recommend is that if you employer has an incentivized plan with VZW you may be able to save a few dollars.
    03-01-10 11:02 AM
    Carriers needs to start adding family data.
    03-01-10 02:41 PM
    Carriers needs to start adding family data.
    Sprint is doing one thing right...too bad the coverage isn't there where I live. That and EVERYONE uses Verizon here.
    03-01-10 10:55 PM
    Is there a difference if I go to a store versus purchasing the plan online?
    03-01-10 10:57 PM
    A plan? No difference at all.
    03-02-10 03:09 AM

Unless of course you are the main account holder, then if you break up in a messy way, you can turn off their phone. Not that I am evil, I am just sayin...
    03-02-10 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD