It is my understanding that phone purchases online/telephonically have the advantage of instant rebate(s). This is the manner in which I have always bought my phones.

My question is: Can a phone purchased online/telephonically be returned/exchanged at a physical store in lieu of mailing it back to Verizon - or must one go back to their direct source of procurement? I have a corporate discount plan and that is why I purchase telephonically - through their corporate customer service.

I want the Droid and anticipate purchasing it soon. This would be, by far, the most advanced phone I've ever purchased and I want to be aware of my return/exchange capabilities in the unfortunate event it has significant issues. I hate returning products by mail.

Thank you in advance.
    11-17-09 11:52 PM
    Telephonically...lol...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 12:36 AM
    But you like receiving by mail? hmmm.....

Anyways,

Return Policy - Verizon Wireless
    11-18-09 12:55 AM
    I love this part:

If you return your merchandise, even by mistake, more than 30 days after your purchase, you will not receive a refund and the merchandise you returned will not be returned to you.
    11-18-09 01:09 AM
    I bout my phone online and no it must be returned through mail something with the store not having enough inventory to change it out and blah blah blah so you must contact the online department

11-18-09 11:44 AM
    I love this part:
    I am sure you can relate to all the people who tell you, "I forgot it in my trunk & didn't mean to send it back six months late!"

Mistakes on the part of the customer do not warrant concessions on the part of the seller.

But I agree - it could be worded more clearly & in a less comical manner. Of course, much of the workings & wordings on the VZW site are comical & frustrating.

Just try exchanging that TP2 in a store - go ahead - I dare you.
    11-18-09 11:49 AM
    I am sure you can relate to all the people who tell you, "I forgot it in my trunk & didn't mean to send it back six months late!"

Mistakes on the part of the customer do not warrant concessions on the part of the seller.

But I agree - it could be worded more clearly & in a less comical manner. Of course, much of the workings & wordings on the VZW site are comical & frustrating.

Just try exchanging that TP2 in a store - go ahead - I dare you.
    Yeah.

"So, I thought my 1 year warranty meant I could mail it back within 1 year. So I mailed back my phone -- why wasn't my line disconnected and phone refunded?"
    11-18-09 02:27 PM
    You only think that that's comical. Its still on the law books in my county that upon release from county prison, all inmates will receive 100 dollars cash, a model 92 lever action winchester 30-30, and a horse lol

11-18-09 02:30 PM
    I got my son's phone via the internet, and I returned it to a store for an exchange within my 30 days. I had no problems returning it to the store.
    11-18-09 04:09 PM
    I got my son's phone via the internet, and I returned it to a store for an exchange within my 30 days. I had no problems returning it to the store.
    Your experience illustrates one of the schizophrenic sides of VZW. I have witnessed the same thing as you have, yet the written policy states otherwise.

I think it all depends on the person you speak to, their manager, their district manager, what day of the week it is, how their lunch agreed with them, the last 13 customers preceding you, what you look like, how the moon aligns with the planets & whether their spouse took care of them last night.

This is a big reason VZW is not the customer service king they claim to be, or the reps think they are - you can never be sure as to how you will be treated, what will happen to resolve issues or whether or not the person you're talking to knows what they are doing. Regardless of the issue, consistency is the first component of customer service & VZW is absolutely not consistent in anything other than taking your money every month.

So to answer the OQ or OP, your mileage may vary - this is VZW we're talking about.

11-18-09 04:59 PM
    Its mostly what you look like.

11-18-09 05:04 PM
    Its mostly what you look like.
    I've always suspected that.

11-18-09 05:12 PM
    I've always suspected that.

Soooo.....how exactly *is* the best way to "look" for the best customer service experience in a store???
    11-18-09 08:39 PM
    Depends on the gender of your cs rep lol

11-18-09 08:46 PM
    Send your wife, gf , hooker, in with her woo woos hanging out and you will get a phone..............TRUST ME!!!!!
    11-19-09 11:21 AM
    Send your wife, gf , hooker, in with her woo woos hanging out and you will get a phone..............TRUST ME!!!!!
    And possibly something else you didn't want
    11-19-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD