Hello, this is my first post and I come to all of you who have much more experience than me for some help. I apologize in advance, as I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't find the exact answers that I am looking for.

Currently I have a prepaid plan through Alltel, who most of you know got purchased by Verizon. What I am wanting to do is set my prepaid phone to Blackberry if possible, something like the 8330 or maybe something different based on your recommendations. But, I'm not even sure if this is possible or how to go about it.

I realize that you need a data plan for a Blackberry to do things like email and search the web, (correct?) so if I switched my current phone to a bb on my same plan all I would be able to do is make calls, send and receive texts and pictures. How would I go about making this happen? Is the SIM card from my current phone (Samsung HUE) compatible with a bb or are they physically different? Would I need to purchase an UNLOCKED bb or one that is locked for Verizon/Alltel?

I'd like to be able to switch my prepaid phone over to a bb so then I can hack it to get free internet/data while only paying for for the prepaid calls I make/receive. I'm pretty sure I have a good starting point for this part, but does anybody have any helpful advice on how I can go about making a bb my prepaid phone? Thank you greatly in advance. Your help is much appreciated.
    12-13-09 08:56 PM
    No. You can't.

You can't activate a BlackBerry on pre-paid on Verizon and you must have a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to have a BlackBerry active on Verizon's network.

Note also that Verizon devices such as the 8330 do not use SIM cards. They are CDMA.
    12-13-09 09:01 PM
    Thank you for the head's up on them using CDMA instead of SIM cards.

So is there any service provider that has Blackberry phones available on a prepaid plan relatively cheap?
    12-13-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD