Hi all, new to this site. Been looking around and using the search function alot. My question is that, i am having alot of problems w/ my 8830. not getting messages, freezing up, ringer issues, battery issues. I do have isurance. i was wondering if verizon will allow me to get the pearl instead of another 8830? im sick and tired of these problems and dont want another 8830. anyone have any experiance with this. thanks in advance

cheers
    03-16-08 03:20 PM
    Welcome to CB! As far as a trade in, no go! When you do an insurance claim they provide you with the same model or something comparable. So sorry to say, your with your 8830 until you buy a Pearl!
    03-16-08 03:24 PM
    That is actually all mfg stuff. Call tech support and explain to them the problems. They should exchange it for a new one. You would have to have 3 exchanges in 90 days in order to be able to get a new model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-08 03:30 PM
    thanks for the quick replys. just to clear up, is a pearl a comparable phone??? sounds like my only opition is to send in 3 in 90 days? this site rocks, thank you all.

cheers
    03-16-08 03:44 PM
    Every Berry would have their issue...its the luck of the draw....you never know You may have the same issues with a Pearl.
    03-16-08 04:37 PM
    I had those problems with my silver 8830.
    03-17-08 03:28 PM
    yeah me too and i have yet to have any major problems with the RED one!
    03-17-08 04:10 PM
    Hi all, new to this site. Been looking around and using the search function alot. My question is that, i am having alot of problems w/ my 8830. not getting messages, freezing up, ringer issues, battery issues. I do have isurance. i was wondering if verizon will allow me to get the pearl instead of another 8830? im sick and tired of these problems and dont want another 8830. anyone have any experiance with this. thanks in advance

cheers

How long have you had it? If under 30 days, maybe Verizon will allow you to trade for another model like AT&T does.
    03-17-08 04:18 PM
    How long have you had it? If under 30 days, maybe Verizon will allow you to trade for another model like AT&T does.
    Yea, if its been under 30 days just take it back to the store and exchange it for the pearl.
    03-17-08 07:04 PM
    idk how people can use the pearl,

granted i do wish i had a camera sometimes, but the full qwerty keyboard is much more important to me

i text and drive alot SHHHHH
    03-17-08 07:05 PM
    idk how people can use the pearl,

granted i do wish i had a camera sometimes, but the full qwerty keyboard is much more important to me

i text and drive alot SHHHHH
    I do that too.
    03-17-08 08:34 PM
    I have the 8830 and like many feel, the lack of a camera is annoying. I've been messing with a friend's Pearl but I really don't like shurtype and the size is a bit too small for me. I think I'll return the 8830 and revert back to my VX8100 until they decide to get the Curve. This way I'll retain my NE2 credit and have a phone I like instead of settling on something I wont totally be thrilled with for 2 years.
    03-17-08 10:46 PM
    I've had my 8830 since the day Sprint launched it and haven't had a single problem (Knock on wood), so I'd say if you've already had 3 reconditioned ones, it's time to kick in the door and demand a NEW one. Doesn't matter if the carrier is Sprint, Verizon, Alltell or any other CDMA carrier, you shouldn't have that many issues. Have you looked within the Crackberry forums for solutions to some of the problems you've been experiencing? I've fixed many BB at work by simply following the instructions from the genius minds on Crackberry!
    03-18-08 12:08 PM
    Thanks for all the replys. Sadly I am over the 30 day limit. I have yet to send my phone in without the cb advice. I have looked on this site in regards to some of the problems. some issues have cleared up others still exist. i had to download music editing software to make a ring tone i could hear. the quality sucks with only one speaker and i still miss numerous calls. ill give verizon a call and see if they can help. im guessing they are going to tell me to pound sand and send me a refurb.
    03-18-08 02:02 PM
    Thanks for all the replys. Sadly I am over the 30 day limit. I have yet to send my phone in without the cb advice. I have looked on this site in regards to some of the problems. some issues have cleared up others still exist. i had to download music editing software to make a ring tone i could hear. the quality sucks with only one speaker and i still miss numerous calls. ill give verizon a call and see if they can help. im guessing they are going to tell me to pound sand and send me a refurb.
    They will try to send you a refurb but you can ask for a new one. If you are close to a store have the rep check the stock in that store and tell them that you would like to go to the store to pick it up.
    03-20-08 02:54 PM
    If youve had it for less then 30 days Verizon lets you change it for another phone. But remember you get only 2 returns & then your stuck with the last phone you have. I upgraded to the moto q9m on Jan then returned 2 weeks later & got the 8830. Ive never looked back!
    03-22-08 11:54 PM
    I have a silver 8830 and have had a couple problems. Today, I didn't get any text messages until I did a reset (alt + right shift + del). I have been pretty happy with it, but I didn't expect this to happen on the device that is known for stability. The issues appear to be completely software related, so I really don't think exchanging this for a new one would make any difference seeing as there hasn't been a new OS release. I wonder if the red 8830 has slightly different software? My about screen says version 4.2.2.176.. is this the same as the red edition?
    03-29-08 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD