08-19-09 05:02 AM
86 1234
tools
    Now, can you tether without paying them? That I don't know. Someone else here will.
    If someone does know they arent sharing.
    07-19-08 01:48 PM
    how about $15/month, per verizon.
    I can confirm that it is $15 extra on top of your $29.99/month -or- $44.99/month data plan
    07-19-08 03:50 PM
    I can confirm that it is $15 extra on top of your $29.99/month -or- $44.99/month data plan
    Data plan $29.99 = $30 per month more to tether.

Data plan $44.99 = $15 per month more to tether.

As stated in many post before to tether your device it must equal $59.99 per month.
    07-19-08 04:09 PM
    UM, don't wanna sound ******** but what is tethering and why would you want to do it??
    07-19-08 04:23 PM
    This when you connect your phone to a computer and use it as modem.
    07-19-08 04:27 PM
    So like, when you go out with your laptop and theres no WIFI where you are, you can connect to the net thru ur BB?? I got a BB Curve 8310 w/4.5OS and AT&T unlimited data plan, can I tether my BB to my laptop without paying something extra??
    07-19-08 04:39 PM
    I will let someone that knows AT&T plans answer that one. Sorry.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-19-08 at 04:54 PM.
    07-19-08 04:45 PM
    LOL, ok thanx.
    07-19-08 04:49 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZW rep DeeLana in TX. I was worried about incurring charges from tethering with my new Curve, but she said my 1350 min plan + 29.99 BB data plan makes me limitless - so she said have no worries!
    I am new to this so I anxiously read this thread before calling, so forgive me if someone already added this info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 07:28 PM
    You will not be able to tether the device without the additional tethering cost. With the $30 plan it will cost u another $30 for this feature

07-23-08 07:47 PM
    You will not be able to tether the device without the additional tethering cost. With the $30 plan it will cost u another $30 for this feature

I asked this of sales guy @ time upgraded and when I called customer service rep and am still told no additional charge besides regular call plan + BB $29.99 plan.
    Do you or anyone else here work for VZW? I need to see this in writing so when I get large bill and blame bad info from these 2 reps I can now feel informed thanks to you...sorry to sound like a broken record BUT I am sick of this crap - getting billed for something I was misinformed about from start! :-( I hated ALLHELL for that and left them...

07-24-08 01:16 AM
    Unless you checked the "I agree" button then you can't use it to begin with. So you won't be charged. If you can use it then you are already being charged.

07-24-08 02:29 AM
    Stop listening to the sales/customer reps as the majority of them are either ill informed or have no idea what they are talking about. Your best resource is here at CB.
    07-24-08 04:12 AM
    Stop listening to the sales/customer reps as the majority of them are either ill informed or have no idea what they are talking about. Your best resource is here at CB.
    True dat!
    However...if your given wrong info they WILL give you credit as they have me in the past.
    I take names and extensions for that purpose.

07-24-08 01:43 PM
    With either the official $30 tethering plan or the Shark Modem workaround, can you place and receive phone calls while your BlackBerry is being used as a modem?
    07-25-08 03:52 AM
    Not on cdma. The radio is either voice or data.

07-25-08 10:31 AM
    I upgraded to a BB about two weeks ago at a company store and was told $29.99 for data and $10 more if I wanted to tether...
    07-25-08 10:32 AM
    Your data plan has to equal 59.99 to be able to tether if a rep told you different they are mistaken it did change recently so they may be going off old info when the testher option was 15 extra with the 29.99 bberry plan testhering went up to 30 if you have that plan you can't tether with out that code on your account and you can't have that code unless you pay for it. For those that say they have the 29.99 and 15 tether plan its an error you shouldn't have it if you change something on your plan it will probably be corrected

07-25-08 06:24 PM
    I'm pretty sure the $44.99 addon includes broadband access? Hence the Unlimited Blackberry BBA

I really want to tether my BB I have the $29.99 plan currently. If it's any extra then it's almost not worth it. Plenty of people claim being able to tether without any extra plan, but HOW? I can connect over BT without any extras but it takes me to the addon page whenever I try to browse.
    07-26-08 12:14 AM
    I'm pretty sure the $44.99 addon includes broadband access? Hence the Unlimited Blackberry BBA

I really want to tether my BB I have the $29.99 plan currently. If it's any extra then it's almost not worth it. Plenty of people claim being able to tether without any extra plan, but HOW? I can connect over BT without any extras but it takes me to the addon page whenever I try to browse.
    This is getting depressing:

In this thread, there is all great and accurate info about pricing of tethering. Yet most still think the $44.99 plan lets you tether or has some other opinion.

Bottom line - your data plan must equal $59.99 no matter if you are on the $29.99 or $44.99 plan.
    07-26-08 07:11 AM
    Indeed, point taken. However...some people are still claiming successfully tethering w/o the package and I want to know lol! I really want to tether but I just don't wanna pay. Oh well I shouldn't cheat..
    07-26-08 11:41 PM
    The 44.99 plan is for BES, vs the 29.99 is for BIS. And your data plan has to total 59.99 do use tethering, even though you cant find that info in writing as far as I have found.
    07-26-08 11:50 PM
    Indeed, point taken. However...some people are still claiming successfully tethering w/o the package and I want to know lol! I really want to tether but I just don't wanna pay. Oh well I shouldn't cheat..
    WOW! nothing like coming and telling us that you want want to steal serivce. Kind of walking up to a cop and saying hi officer, I just robbed a bank.

I will tell you that back in the day. Prior to explosion of data and mainly with regular types of cell phones could tether and use minutes to do so. It would be free on nights and weekends and the carrier could not tell. Today they can and if caught will shut off your service.

It is kind of hard for VZW that has a department of folks that watch for this, among other things to watch all 67 million customers. I have taken calls from customers asking why they can no longer tether or browse with a modem or PC card.
    07-27-08 07:32 AM
    Has anyone been able to get MobiShark to work on a Verizon 8330?

I couldn't, then while troubleshooting I found that the 8330 isn't on their list of supported phones.

BTW, lastraid, I don't want to "steal" a service, I just want to borrow it occasionally. I'd use it so infrequently that it's not worth $30/mo for. Verizon's 8330 only has Rev.0 enabled so it's way too slow to replace a proper WiFi connection. I think the 8330 can be software-upgraded to use Rev.A though, maybe you guys would get more takers if you enabled it?
    07-27-08 01:55 PM
    Has anyone been able to get MobiShark to work on a Verizon 8330?

I couldn't, then while troubleshooting I found that the 8330 isn't on their list of supported phones.

BTW, lastraid, I don't want to "steal" a service, I just want to borrow it occasionally. I'd use it so infrequently that it's not worth $30/mo for. Verizon's 8330 only has Rev.0 enabled so it's way too slow to replace a proper WiFi connection. I think the 8330 can be software-upgraded to use Rev.A though, maybe you guys would get more takers if you enabled it?
    Thanks - stealing is stealing. Oh by the way, the BBA feature can be added and remove as needed. Therefore you only pay for the portion of the time that you use it. It will be prorated. But each time you add it the way VZW bills, it will bill a month in advance as well.

So if you need it on a trip for two weeks, then add it for two weeks. just remeber to call whe you return. Not 100% sure but this feature might be able to be added though your verizon online account.

making mental note to look into that.
    07-27-08 02:02 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD