I've got a Storm and a Tour currently, with only the Tour being active on my account. If I wanted to deactivate my Tour, and activate my Tour to use for a while can I do that from the http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=G9bb-uIF page? Or do I have to actually call Verizon Support? Is there a charge for this?

I'd just like to be able to switch back and forth whenever I want with as little hassle as possible.

Thanks
    10-24-09 10:38 AM
    You have to call

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 10:39 AM
    You can change it on the website.

You have to enter the ESN or EMIE number or something, while BOTH phones are off.

Then power up the one you are activating and call *228
    10-24-09 10:39 AM
    Justin is right - just change it on the website with the MEID. If you're just "switching" phones around, then you don't really have to dial *228 each time as they would already be programmed.
    10-24-09 11:30 AM
    Only one addition to this.

Each time you chage devices, you will need to do a register now - to be on the safe side and go to the BIS and do a device change so the email will come to the active device
    10-24-09 11:35 AM
    You have to call

Why? You can change the esn from the site... then dial *228 opt1
    Might have to ##000000 and manually program but you CAN do it.
    I dont know why because the pin switch thing would annoy me.
    Anyway... if thats the way the OP rolls... so be it.
    10-24-09 02:54 PM
    You don't need to call. It's pretty easy.

You can do *228 Option 3 to activate the new device. Make sure your old one is powered off completely first.

Then go to BlackBerry Internet Service and use the "change device" link. Input your PIN and ESN/MEID numbers and you're all set. No need to change it on the verizon page, but you can do that too!
    10-24-09 03:09 PM
    I just figure its easier since opt3 never works for me when helping a customer.
    And when I do the esn chg on myverizon for my folks phone had to get manual programming.
    You can do the pin switch from email settings on the device too btw... but yeah, between the two of us... he can do it w/ out calling...
    10-24-09 03:13 PM
    what about insurance ?
    10-24-09 03:49 PM
    what about insurance ?
    That won't be avail to transfer over.
    10-24-09 03:51 PM
    I have used and gotten other to use *228 opt 3 without problem. The only time I see a problem is when you go from a dunbphone to an advanced device or back the other way.
    10-24-09 04:11 PM
    That won't be avail to transfer over.
    I don't understand ... If my tour has full coverage and if I was to switch to my Storm for a week, would the tour still be covered wit insurance .... not worried about the Storm
    10-24-09 10:53 PM
    I don't understand ... If my tour has full coverage and if I was to switch to my Storm for a week, would the tour still be covered wit insurance .... not worried about the Storm
    Yes - it should be, but only if it is active.

10-24-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD