I have two curves on my alltel plan which is $160 a month (with tethering) and my stepdaughter wants a Blackberry Storm. My mom has a storm on Verizon, and hates the touch screen so she wants to trade with me. Is that possible now that I am on verizon also, or will they be hateful and make me change my plan, which would then cost over $240 (with tethering)? They told me I could stay with alltel's rates when I changed over, and one customer service rep said I could use a storm, and another one said I could not. Ugh. Does anyone know?
    07-14-09 11:41 AM
    You should be able to shift a phone over to your plan. Actually, you should be able to just do it yourself online via activate a handset on the account management page with Verizon you use to manage your account. You may not even need to get the carrier involved. Try switching ESNs on the account and see what happens. It should let you do it if your account has been migrated to VZW's systems already.

BTW, this is the wrong forum for this. You're looking for the regular Storm forum. This is the Storm 2 forum for prerelease devices.
    07-14-09 12:38 PM
    You will need to call Cs. Your moms phone will have to be released by putting a different phone on hers then you can activate on your line. Cs might be able to do it without a dummy phone but not sure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 12:50 PM
    Well we just went through this "Mess"!
    We have been with Alltel since 2003.
    Tried Verizon for 16 days once and canceled. Oh well... no choice now.
    My husbands phone was up for upgrade. Mine still had 20 months before I could upgrade. We both owned Blackberry Curves. "LOVED THEM"
    Well after 2 1/2 hours at Verizon...
    We now are on a Verizon plan which is less expensive BUT, does not have all the plans that Alltel did (such as free texting, etc.)
    My husband got a Blackberry Storm because we figured we could tether it to my computer and use it as a modem.... Great idea but, it doesn't work with Mac with my Mac having the Mac OS X Version 10.5.7
    Does anyone have any idea if anything does work. I do still have a Mobile broadband USB Modem but... would like to use my husbands Storm as a modem but need to connect with my mac.
    If any one has idea's about this, please let me know.
    07-16-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD