I have two curves on my alltel plan which is $160 a month (with tethering) and my stepdaughter wants a Blackberry Storm. My mom has a storm on Verizon, and hates the touch screen so she wants to trade with me. Is that possible now that I am on verizon also, or will they be hateful and make me change my plan, which would then cost over $240 (with tethering)? They told me I could stay with alltel's rates when I changed over, and one customer service rep said I could use a storm, and another one said I could not. Ugh. Does anyone know?
    07-14-09 07:57 AM
    As long as your Alltel plan is smartphone-compatible, which it would be, to have BlackBerrys on it, you can switch to different smartphones without changing plans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 08:38 AM
    Get a tour
    07-14-09 03:01 PM
    Due to the merger (unless you flash your device) you would have to change your plan to a Verizon plan to use a Verizon phone.
    07-14-09 03:09 PM
    As Twins sd .. if the plan is ok, you can use a VZW phone on Alltel.
    07-14-09 06:15 PM
    I want to swap my curve for a storm too. My son tells me its a bad idea. Any idea why?
    07-14-09 06:41 PM
    We can swap the phones out like that. The code will just be a Verizon bis feature. Just troubleshot a tour on a smart choice.

07-14-09 07:38 PM
    What? No. If he has all alltell phones and he wants to activate this storm it would need to be changed to a Verizon plan.. Alltell plans are not compatible w/ Verizon phones.
    07-14-09 07:40 PM
    What? No. If he has all alltell phones and he wants to activate this storm it would need to be changed to a Verizon plan.. Alltell plans are not compatible w/ Verizon phones.
    They most certainly are. A buddy of mine has been a lifelong Alltel customer - well, Alltel's life. He bought a Storm & kept his Alltel plan. He hated it & just picked up a Tour & is still on his Alltel plan, confirmed in MyVerizon.

Now he hates the Tour after just two days & will be returning it this weekend. His words? The QC sucks. I have to agree with him. It creaks & has screen issues. He also says the browsing experience is rotten - I told him that before he got it. Then again, I warned him against the Storm. Did he listen to me?

07-14-09 09:23 PM
    Well I wish I could call one of you guys and help me get the tour on one of my line not under contract atm. I've talked to over the phone verizon reps twice and the live chat thing once and all told me they can't do it.

forkup
    07-14-09 09:52 PM
    The strange thing to me is if ii go onto the verizon website it will let me upgrade the line i have the curve on to the tour but i'd have to pay full price but neither of my other 2 lines show it at all when i try to upgrade them.

forkup
    07-14-09 09:56 PM
    tsguy52, pm sent. But maybe you misunderstood i dont have a tour i want to upgrade to it.

forkup
    07-14-09 09:57 PM
    Now he hates the Tour
    Already???

If this is the same friend I am thinking about, he is a bigger gadget nut than anyone else on the planet

But ALREADY???

07-15-09 02:46 AM
    Now he hates the Tour after just two days & will be returning it this weekend. His words? The QC sucks. I have to agree with him. It creaks & has screen issues. He also says the browsing experience is rotten - I told him that before he got it. Then again, I warned him against the Storm. Did he listen to me?
    Honestly, I think a lot of these people weren't ready for a PDA or smartphone in the first place. The grass really is always greener in the other lawn.
    07-15-09 03:23 AM
    if you purchase the phone directly from verizon they will force you to change your plan..
    07-15-09 03:29 AM
    Honestly, I think a lot of these people weren't ready for a PDA or smartphone in the first place. The grass really is always greener in the other lawn.
    A lot of people, yes - I've said as much here, much to the chagrin of the masses.

But not this man. A successful attorney & politician by trade, he has had smartphones & PDAs for years. He left BlackBerry years ago when it became a phone, and returned recently because of the hype that has been saying BlackBerry is better & more reliable.

He carries two phones, one personal, on Alltel/VZW & one for work, on AT&T - both smartphones. His first concern is functionality, followed closely by quality. To him, BlackBerry used to be top-rung, but no longer.

And yes, Dog - same person & yes, already.

07-15-09 09:07 AM
    And yes, Dog - same person & yes, already.
    Wow. If I changed underwear as often as he changes gadgets, I'd either be out of laundry or Proctor and Gamble would be rich.

Speaking of which, I need to pick up my laundry on the way home.

07-15-09 03:45 PM
    I just got a used storm from e bay today. i am still alltel, called verizon and they said it was still activated on the other account and they cant activate it to mine untill it is deactivated from theirs. sent the seller a e mail. anything else i can do??
    07-15-09 06:39 PM
    Contact the seller and cross your fingers ./

forkup

07-15-09 07:00 PM
    contacted seller, they called and deactivated it and i have it activated on mine now
    07-15-09 07:20 PM
    Good deal man, i'm glad it worked out. You're very fortunate.

forkup

07-15-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD