Hey im thinking about starting service with Verizon and i havent found any info on the web about this but i plan on getting the Storm 2 one way or another wether it be contracted or not....but my question is can i buy a used storm 2 and then start service not under a contract then being able to use the "Upgrade" and enter into a contract when somthing newer or better comes out?
    06-10-10 12:24 AM
    whether you have a phone to take to them to activate or take a phone from them to activate, you will be under a contract. And if you are under a contract and have a phone you want to use, you may switch the phone and it won't change your contract.
    06-10-10 12:29 AM
    Hahah, oh lord, that's DIRTY.

No GSM carrier pulls that nonsense. No subsidy? No contract.
    06-10-10 02:15 AM
    Short answer to the OP...

Yes you can. Talk to sales in a store or the VZW telesales line, it can be done.
    06-10-10 03:18 AM
    Yes, you can. No contract will have to pay 35.00 act fee. Then can upgrade down the line.
    06-10-10 03:37 AM
    Yes, you can. No contract will have to pay 35.00 act fee. Then can upgrade down the line.
    this is what i figured i work tech support for T-Mobile and i know we can do that but i wasn't sure if all company's are as willing as us...since we love to activate your stolen device for you
    06-10-10 04:56 AM
    If you bring your own equipment, than yes. You will pay the activation fee as stated, but you will be in a month to month contact. You can always pay full retail for a device and not be on contact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD