I am new to all of this...so any help would be so appreciated. I just signed a new 2 yr and bought a Pearl. Now that the Curve with a camera is on the way, I would prefer the larger keyboard...I can't really see the keyboard on the Pearl. My question is...how can I stall on my 30 day switch until the Curve arrives so I don't have to shell out the full price? Thanks so much for all the info....it is really helpful.
    03-31-08 08:12 AM
    I know someone who did this on Alltel .....

They had bought a 8700 series Blackberry and it was thicker than they wanted, and then they saw the 8830 was coming out.

They switched to a Motorola Q for a period, then the Blackberry 8830 they wanted came out (within that 30 day window) they swtiched to the phone they really wanted.

Not sure if you could get that done or not, but it is a thought.
    03-31-08 08:36 AM
    You have to return the current phone within 30 days. Just go back to your old phone for a bit if you were previously with Verizon and wait for the Curve to come out.

They will not let you switch through 3 phones (90 days max) if that's the scheme you're thinking of.
    03-31-08 09:49 AM
    Thanks.
    My local Verizon store drives me nuts....this will help me negotiate the process.
    03-31-08 09:58 AM
    ya you can not keep flip flop back and forth, everyone will always be doing it. It's like renting a car ad not really paying for it, then next week getting the same and then switching... There is a max limit.....
    03-31-08 03:41 PM
    I'm in the same boat as the original poster.

If i return the pearl and go back to my old phone for a few weeks until curve comes out, will I have to pay any fees, such as activation fee for the old phone?

If so how much?
    03-31-08 04:00 PM
    If you return the phone within 30 days you will avoid the restocking fee. But, you will likely have to pay the activation fee unless you've had your current phone for fewer than 3 days. That activation fee is probably in the neighborhood of $30. You'll also of course be responsible for pro rated usage charges.

That said, I've found Verizon to be incredibly inconsistent about their fees. If you have more time than money, I would suggest calling customer service to see what they say. If you don't like that answer, go to your local store. If you don't like that answer, go to your other local store (you do have multiple stores around, I'm sure...). You may find somebody who will say "we would normally charge a fee for this, but..." If you do, be ready to move quickly because answers change with the wind.

If you have more money than time, just suck it up and pay the fees. Dealing with Verizon customer service (or that of any cell phone company) is not for the faint of heart.
    04-01-08 09:43 AM
    as the others already stated, you do have 30 days to return your pearl. couple things to keep in mind when returning, you have to give it all back, including the box. (if you already sent for your rebate which required th proof of purchase to be cust off of the box, you cannot return your phone.) that will set your contract and upgrade dates back to what they were before you go the pearl and when the curve comes out you will be able to do your upgrade. as for a fee for going back to the old device, the fee is not charged when its because you are returning a phone, because you have to have a phone on a phone number. if you were changing what phone youre using "just because" it would be a 20.00 fee or free online
    04-01-08 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD