OK I just bought 2 new phones last Saturday at a VZW store. I have dropped 25-30 calls in a week so far. I also keep getting voice mails and my phones are not ringing every call ( no service I guess). Is there a trial period that I can return these and go back to previous provider?
    12-05-09 07:38 PM
    Both these phones do that? you can always tell them the situation
    I know with Rogers here in Canada, there's a 30 day waranty through the store(where they'll replace the units)
    12-05-09 07:42 PM
    You have 30 wfg. Yes you can

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 07:42 PM
    30 Days, don't even need to make up a story. Just return them.
    12-05-09 10:36 PM
    Or you can make one up, if you do make it fun. Go with your gut.

12-05-09 10:39 PM
    He might need to make up a story - VZW does NOT honor every WFG claim.

You do have to return the phones in good condition...
    12-05-09 10:59 PM
    He might need to make up a story - VZW does NOT honor every WFG claim.

You do have to return the phones in good condition...
    A VZW corp store does honor every WFG claim, that is why it is a WFG, if your basing this comment on the fact that the store tries to save customer's from leaving than you are out of context. If you purchase a phone from a corp store and then within the WFG want to return it and either cancel service or get another phone it is done. Now there of course are fee's associated with this, however the consumer does have the option. I have been with the company for 5 years and worked in many different situations and stores and have yet to ever see a WFG turned away. That would be illegal to tell a customer that they have 30 days but then refuse their return. If a rep has done so in the past I'm sure there was a pen to paper conversation, that is if the rep held his employment status with Verizon.
    12-06-09 01:55 PM
    Verizon does not honor the WFG if your phone is damaged. That's not "illegal." Can you cite a law against that?
    12-06-09 01:59 PM
    Actually they do allow you out of your contract if the phone is broke however you pay the retail price. The idea behind the wfg is that you get out of your contract. So for verizon to refuse to let you out of the contract is the part that would be illegal.

12-06-09 02:08 PM
    Yes Verizon lets you out, if you can return your equipment in good condition. You can't take a phone back that's been run over and expect to be out free and clear.
    12-06-09 02:32 PM
    Actually they do allow you out of your contract if the phone is broke however you pay the retail price. The idea behind the wfg is that you get out of your contract. So for verizon to refuse to let you out of the contract is the part that would be illegal.

Again -- can you cite the law they're breaking?

You're still wrong.

Return Policy - Verizon Wireless

At our discretion, we may decline your return or charge you a fee for a missing item, or for items that we determine are damaged or require service.
    12-06-09 03:04 PM
    Again -- can you cite the law they're breaking?

You're still wrong.
    He's been wrong on every return question I've seen him try to answer... don't be too surprised if he continues to err.

The WFG & the competitors' similar offerings are NOT mandated by law.
    12-06-09 03:27 PM

I think you are confused. This is not illegal. It is, however, breach of contract. This may give the customer a cause of action against Verizon, but it does not constitute an illegal act.
    12-06-09 03:46 PM
    hahaha this is a good one. sorry about your issue though. a bit frusterating
    12-06-09 03:48 PM
    So you are telling me a company can legally hold you in a contract for service you do not have???

Please enlighten me as to how that is done?

12-06-09 06:14 PM
    So you are telling me a company can legally hold you in a contract for service you do not have???

Weekend and Twins are just saying that it is written that Verizon retains the right, at their discretion to DENY a return even within the Worry Free time period.
    12-06-09 06:18 PM

Wireless devices use radio transmissions, so unfortunately you can't get Service if your device isn't in range of a transmission signal. And please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many things can affect the availability and quality of your Service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather.If you drop a call in your Coverage Area, redial. If it's answered within 5 minutes, call us within 90 days and we'll give you a 1minute airtime credit. If you lose Service in your Coverage Area for more than 24 hours in a row and we're at fault, call us within 180 days and we'll give you a credit for the time lost. Please be aware that these are your only rights for dropped calls or interrupted Service

And if a a customer escalates to Tech Support and a Trouble Ticket is filed, at that point service can be tested and reviewed, if deemed marginal then other options are given.
    12-06-09 06:39 PM
    Terminating service is guaranteed within 30 days for no reason or penalty. You will be responsible for any activation fees and usage fees that you incurred in the week that you had the phones. Verizon reserves the right to deny returns of equipment if it is damaged or missing, or even partially missing.
    12-06-09 06:41 PM
    OK I just bought 2 new phones last Saturday at a VZW store. I have dropped 25-30 calls in a week so far. I also keep getting voice mails and my phones are not ringing every call ( no service I guess). Is there a trial period that I can return these and go back to previous provider?
    Sounds like a troll.

I have had a few providers and Verizon is the worst so far. I wish I never left AT&T.
    12-07-09 10:00 AM
    Wow, I have been with:

VoiceStream (now T-Mobile), than to Cingular, to AT&T, Verizon, AT&T, Verizon, Alltel, Verizon, Sprint, Verizon.... notice a trend? Ha ha ha.
    12-08-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD