Hey Guys,
    I want to switch over to Verizon and want to port my # over as well. I know I can walk into a Vzn store and purchase the BB storm for $200 which is probably the easiest way, but i see that Amazon has it for $99. So can i activate it from Amazon and call VZN and tell them to port my # over from Tmobile?
    03-24-09 10:53 AM
    03-24-09 11:16 AM
    Yes, you can but I would have Amazon provide you with a new mobile number first. wait until you activate the device and call Verizon advising that you want to port your number in. It is no extra charge it will be as if you had a "temporary number".

since Amazon is a 3rd party vendor they have a lot of trouble with new line of service orders! so be careful and make sure you save all your email correspondence from Amazon because if you need to call Verizon without the proper order location codes and order reference numbers you may get lost in limbo for a WHILE! Hope this helps.

Please be cognizant of the terms that Lowsol94 posted for you because Amazon does have there own set of terms and conditions and insurance policies...be careful and fully read into what you are getting... it might not be worth the $100 off
    03-24-09 10:59 PM
    Also please keep in mind if you order from amazon and the phone has an issue and you want to get a new one within 30 days you will have to go back to amazon....vzw will not handle it in the store as it did not come out of their inventory/billing
    03-25-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD