I paid for the blackberry bold 9650, retail off ebay and got it brand new. So I have the UPC from the side... can I mail it in for a rebate?
    07-23-10 01:20 PM
    It is a manufacturer rebate, but VZW will not process it if you didn't buy it from them. Check with RIM.

On a side note, if you paid full retail for it on eBay, why wouldn't you have just gotten it from VZW? Now you have no warranty and you still paid full price.
    07-23-10 01:40 PM
    It is a manufacturer rebate, but VZW will not process it if you didn't buy it from them. Check with RIM.

On a side note, if you paid full retail for it on eBay, why wouldn't you have just gotten it from VZW? Now you have no warranty and you still paid full price.
    Didn't say he paid full retail, just that it was retail, as in with the box and everything the retail package comes with. (as opposed to OEM or refurbished etc)
    07-23-10 02:22 PM
    "retail" usually refers to "retail price" If a brand new bold is on Ebay(since it hasnt been out long) im guessing its pretty close to the full retail we charge anyways and what he said was true, now there is no warranty.
    07-23-10 02:28 PM
    Didn't say he paid full retail, just that it was retail, as in with the box and everything the retail package comes with. (as opposed to OEM or refurbished etc)
    I paid for the blackberry bold 9650, retail off ebay
    He said he paid retail for it. Retail for the phone is over 500 dollars. It's not my concern what verbiage was used but why he would have paid retail for the phone and now has no warranty. But I digress; the main concern was over the rebate anyway.
    07-23-10 03:08 PM
    The short answer to this question is 'no'. The longer answer is ....
    07-23-10 04:52 PM
    He said he paid retail for it. Retail for the phone is over 500 dollars. It's not my concern what verbiage was used but why he would have paid retail for the phone and now has no warranty. But I digress; the main concern was over the rebate anyway.
    I think it's pretty obvious why one would buy a phone off ebay instead of from Verizon. It's cheaper. You can pay $500+ at Verizon or 250-400 on ebay. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

As for rebate, you're not going to get it. I can't say with absolute certainty... but you need proof of purchase from an authorized retailer, which you don't have since you purchased it on ebay.
    07-23-10 07:22 PM
    no because you have to send in this form that you get with your reciept when you purchase the phone from vzw
    07-26-10 12:16 AM
    definitely no you cannot use a mail in rebate as the phone has to have come from reputable sources (ie: best buy, wireless corporate stores, 3rd party retailers, etc) and amazon and ebay are not considered reputable sources and yes as a poster stated, you lost whatever warranty you wouldve had with the phone by buying phones from non-reputable sources
    07-26-10 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD